View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:19 am

Ol' Pretty Boy !!! 
Longbeard

Post Ol' Pretty Boy !!!
Hey guys what do you think of ol'pretty boy and pretty girl decoys ? Man I got one of everything else but $100 seems like a lot to pay for dummys :P If my wife was to find out I did that I bet she would think I was the dummy :lol: :lol: My friend bought a new double bull blind for $400 bucks last season and this year bought these decoys and I said man you got to have more money than brains but a few days age he and another friend got doubles out of it, set up in a hay field and shot some good footage before they clobbered them. What do you think????

Sun May 07, 2006 2:05 pm
King of Spring

Post ol' pretty boy!!!
I hunted over a pretty boy deke 3 times this season, had birds see it twice, brought 2 birds home.
3 birds attacked pretty boy one morning, knocked him over and then 1 bird stood on him.
Would these birds have acted the same to my regular decoys?
Maybe, maybe not.
I've had too much success with my old faithfuls to justify paying a $100 for pretty boy.

barry

Sun May 07, 2006 2:52 pm
King of Spring

My uncle bought one for this year and he and his son killed three birds over it. Every gobbler they came across made a bee line for that thing. Gotta admit.....it looks awful real sitting out in a field. I don't think I'd take it to any public land, that's for sure.

Sun May 07, 2006 7:35 pm
Longbeard

I tried one about two weeks ago. I put Pretty Boy and one Fether Flex hen in the edge of a field where they could be seen from a long distance.
It was in the afternoon and I would cluck now and then. After a while I saw three toms, a jake and two hens about 100yds away working their way straight towards me and Pretty Boy. They got within 70yds and turned broadsided moving passed me. I clucked softly and all heads popped up looking straight a ol' Pretty Boy. They stood there and stared at the two intruders for a few minuites then turned and kept on going the way they were headed. I yelped and got a courtesy gobble from the three toms and that was that. I'm sure glad a friend of mine had loaned me Ol'Pretty Boy, I would've been disappointed knowing that I had $100 bucks in him after that episode! They'll probably will work at the right time and place. I don't think I'll be investing in one any time soon though. But they sure do look real!! :)
GS... :)

Sun May 07, 2006 8:48 pm
King of Spring

If you're going to pay that much, just go ahead and stick a mount out there.

Mon May 08, 2006 12:37 pm