View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:17 pm

Huntin the WV birds for a week 
Longbeard

Post Huntin the WV birds for a week
Hey guys I am out of school and I am ready to hear some gobbling. I am going to WV this evening to do some extensive turkey hunting until this thursday. I have been looking forward to it since last season was over, but I am sure I'm not alone on that, amen. Lots of birds were heard last week on the farm, but they were henned up and happy. I should be hitting it just right for tomorrow and the next week. Well good luck to all who are still hunting and safe hunting. :)

Fri May 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Boss Gobbler

Hunt safe and have a great time! We expect a full report upon return!

Fri May 05, 2006 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Hope you do well...reports I've been getting from my old WV hunting buddies indicate that gobbling activity has been increasing a little bit each day. If you can get away from the hunters I bet you'll get on some birds.
Buddy killed 2 birds over the past 3 days in central WV.

"A man who insists on adherence to the facts when it comes to his hunting exploits, size of fish...abilities of his bird dog...is an untrustworthy fellow. A fine sporting liar is a gentleman & someone whose acquaintance should be cherished" R. Ruark.

Sat May 06, 2006 9:34 am
King of Spring

The birds were still henned up in WV this week but I did see more hens alone throughout the day than I did when I was in WV the first week of the season. The gobblers also responded a little better this week to calling (as in coming in) but they still were not gobbling much on the roost or on the ground.

Good luck.

-Eric

Sun May 07, 2006 7:40 am
King of Spring

I Called in 10 birds in 2 days Friday and Saturday in WV.. Three of which rode in the truck.. 2 longbeards 7 Jakes and 1 Hen.. Heard some more longbeards.. Two longbeards came in to my friend but had their heads crossed on the only shot that presented itself and he didn't want to risk killing them both and they got nervous and walked off..

We ended up with Three Jakes taken by hunting buddies and my Dad.. Two of those were on purpose and the other one was mistaken for a longbeard when the Longbeard gobbled close and the Jake showed his head in the wrong place.. We had fun though ..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Sun May 07, 2006 9:46 am