View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:16 pm

Annual Contest Prize Donations 
Boss Gobbler

Post Annual Contest Prize Donations
Hello members. We have kicked off the annual Va Turkey contest. If you would like to donate a prize to the prize chest you can post here or you can contact Freddy, Hody or Myself via PM or e-mail.

Also, I would like to thank each member on this board for their generosity each year. We would not be here to share our sport if it weren't for you!!

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Last edited by TScottW99 on Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

BTD will dontate a one of a kind engraved boxcall for this years vaturkey.com contest & various other Scents & Calls. Freddy THANKS for letting us all hang around here!

Max

Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

I'll donate one of my hand turned slate over glass calls.
Keep em Gobblin!
Struttinbird

Butternut pot with matching butternut striker

Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:41 pm
Longbeard

If you would like I can make a Beard Board or Fan and Beard hanger. Let me know.

Tom

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I have already told Freddy that I would donated a wingbone call to the door prize table for the cookout. I will also add one for the Contest too.
Have a blessed day.
Tim :wink:

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:02 am
King of Spring

Post Re: Annual Contest Prize Donations
TScottW99 wrote:
Hello members. We have kicked off the annual Va Turkey contest. If you would like to donate a prize to the prize chest you can post here or you can contact Freddy, Hody or Myself via PM or e-mail.

Also, I would like to thank each member on this board for their generosity each year. We would not be here to share our sport if it weren't for you!!

Scott, I'm presently still working on getting another home. (I've been out looking every single day that I'm off from work, but nothing yet.)
I'll be more than happy to donate one of my displays, once I get my woodshop back up and running again. It look's like it will have to be the spring of 2007, before I can get involved.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:20 pm
Boss Gobbler

Paul,
No worries bud, I defintley understand. I'm quite the pro at moving around. Heck my garage is still a storage shed at the moment. Good luck on finding a home, it can be fun yet a pain at the same time.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I can donate a guided waterfowl hunt on the Eastern Shore next season if you think anyone would be interested.

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:42 pm
Boss Gobbler

hened up... I think I know a few guys on here that might be interested! That would be wonderful!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:18 am
Profile WWW
2 Year Old

I made a Zebrawood (pot) friction call that is beaded glass over glass and two strikers. They were placed in the mail this afternoon to use as a prize...

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:22 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

I will donate a small camo day pack like the ones I use in the "less is more" approach that I try ot use when I know I am going to be walking a lot on a hunt. This pack is water proof and will hold anll the calls , water, snacks you need plus a rain jacket and a decoy if it is foldable...I use one liek it most days during the season...like most great things I use, if I like it I go buy ten so I will nto run out..this donation will put me down to nine of these...

Thu May 04, 2006 1:05 pm