View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:31 pm

I killed a weird one! 
Post I killed a weird one!
I had a pretty exciting morning. As some of you might know I was diagnosed with gout in my knee March 30. I haven't gotten to do anything but look at the walls since!!! Except I took my cousion on youth day to get his first bird. I didnt get to go Saturday because of me knee. So today was my first day. I got to my listening spot at 6:20 and they were already gobbling. I heard 13 birds between then and 7:00 but only one was close enough for me to hobble to but by the time I got to him he had shutup. So I sat there until 8:50 and he didnt open back up so I figured he had hens. I had another spot about 10 minutes down the road so I went there. I heard him gobbling as soon as I opened my door. I got setup down in this flat and he was front of my about 125 yards on this very steep ridge. Knowing I couldnt get up there I tried to call him down hill. After about 5 minutes I seen him strolling down the hill. He strutted and gobbled in this one spot for a minutes. Then it dawned on me that he was on the other side of a small creek. So I yelped to him one time just to let him know I was there. Well he crossed the creek and I shot him at 42 steps and was back at the truck by 9:30. This is a weird bird though. He gobbled like a jake yet had a double beard both 9 1/4" and no spurs :shock: He only weighed 17lbs 10oz. I have some pics though not very goods since I was by myself. If someone wants to post them I will send them to you.

Nate

[/img]

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:03 pm
King of Spring

Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:07 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:43 pm