View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:56 pm

what does spring gobbler season mean to you? 
King of Spring

Post what does spring gobbler season mean to you?
I was reminded of what it means to me this past opening day. I was wide awake an hour before the time I had planned to get up saturday morning. As I lay there I realized that spring gobbler season is to me what Christmas is to a 6 year old.
A sleep deprived night filled with anticipation followed by a day I look forward to all year.
Each day is a gift and I can't wait to see what each sunrise will bring.
More and more I appreciate the sounds as the day comes to life.
I enjoy seeing the other wildlife that inhabits the woods.
I am thankful for the dogwood blooms and the morel mushrooms.
Hearing a thunderous gobble close by and getting the chance to work that bird, I couldn't ask for more.
I enjoy the tales of the hunt, whether mine or someone else's.

My list could go on and on, so I ask;
What does spring gobbler season mean to you?

barry

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:14 am
2 Year Old

I'm like you. I love being absolutely worn out from chasing turkeys.

Being in the woods as they wake up in the morning; watching familiar trees green out; getting on a gobbler is the icing on the cake!

I also love the fact that Easter falls during turkey season. Spring is a wonderful time of renewal for me, both physical and spiritual. My preacher is a turkey hunter and I don't mind telling him that there are mornings in the woods when I feel closer to God than during his best sermons :D

I was on a conference call this morning. CEO said "Jay, you've been quiet". My response, "the dogwoods are blooming and the turkeys are gobbling". I guess I should have said something about work too :D

Can't beat the spring!

Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:01 pm
King of Spring

Tommorrow's my Va opener and I'm pretty excited.....I'll get to hunt through Saturday and I'm opening for some good action.

I'm relatively new to spring turkey hunting and I find I enjoy it more each year. I especially like being out there now, in the early season, when the natural world is just waking back up after winter, and there is still a lot of contrast.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

If your CEO didn't agree and understand, that's his loss. Come to think of it, I haven't met a CEO yet that "got it". They're too worried about money and fame & other usless things, rather thant he important stuff.
Don't worry, you got it right.
BB

Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:32 am
2 Year Old

JayMc
If your CEO didn't agree and understand, that's his loss. Come to think of it, I haven't met a CEO yet that "got it". They're too worried about money and fame & other usless things, rather thant he important stuff.
Don't worry, you got it right.
BB

He got it and wants me to take him sometime. He killed his first deer, a doe, on his own farm last fall. He even butchered it himself. I'm working on him :D

Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 am