View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:43 am

Opening Day Weather... 
Boss Gobbler

Post Opening Day Weather...
Looks kinda iffy so far around here...

Fri
Apr 7 Few Showers
72°/58° 30%

Sat
Apr 8 Showers
68°/49° 40%

Mon
Apr 10 Showers
68°/53° 60%

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:10 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:30 am
King of Spring

Rain or shine, I'l be there enjoying it. Remember boys and girls, you can't kill'em from the couch.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:12 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

I'm with Dale... I've waited all year, year after year, for this time of year to come around.

It's been a tough one for me and my family, so hopefully I will catch a break and at least get a chance to get out in the woods.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:03 pm
Boss Gobbler

I will say one thing. If you dont go and stay in bed you will surely not kill one. I remember a few years ago the last day it RAINED. I went out and killed a nice bird, he actually worked just like you want and he was quite soggy for the picture session. I learned my lesson to go when you can.
Remember it is not about the kill. Be safe to all that hunt, and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:55 pm
King of Spring

About 3 years ago, it rained cats and dogs on opening morning....I dreaded getting out of the truck actually........all that dread was long gone after me and dad BOTH were toting turkeys over our shoulders heading for some dry land......I actually enjoy rainy/drizzly mornings in the spring gobbler woods.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:52 pm
King of Spring

I work Fri through Mon so I can't hunt until Tues anyway. Miss all of the season openers but it's awful nice being able to hunt Tue. through Thurs. when everyone else is workin'. Good luck to all of ya on Sat., please leave a bird out there for me if you don't mind.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:08 pm
King of Spring

Up here in Northern Va they are also calling for 14 mph winds w/gusts to 27mph .

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:09 pm
Longbeard

Thank goodness for Gortex and Zip Loc! :D
Keep em Gobblin!
Struttinbird

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:38 pm
King of Spring

Good luck to all of ya on Sat., please leave a bird out there for me if you don't mind.

No problem . . . :lol:

I'd rather hunt in the rain than in the wind!! One morning last season, I almost let the drizzle keep me in bed. But once I got into the woods, the beauty of the forest just took my breath away; the wet, dark tree trunks, the budding leaves, the redbuds & dogwoods looked like they were plugged into a light socket!! I didn't hear any birds, but I honestly just didn't care. It was a fantastic morning.

There's not much that will keep me out of the woods!!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:06 pm
Boss Gobbler

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:33 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Well from the looks of Freddy's weather post it would appear it isn't going to be as bad on this end of the state... thank goodness! :D

I've noticed alot of times in the spring it will rain for half an hour and then the sun will pop out and they will scream their heads off. You'd never know it if you weren't out there.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:29 am
King of Spring

What are you guys trying to say :?: Are you trying to say it doesn't matter what the weather is that the Turkeys are out there anyway :?: Well, how about we don't tell anyone unless they are on this board :!: maybe all those other guys will stay home in bed and leave more Turkeys for us on opening day :!: :lol:

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:36 am
Poult

there is supposed to be a thunderstorm here in suffolk on opening morning. Ive seen the most deer ever in the pouring rain though. So as long as there is no lightning ill be there.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:44 pm
Longbeard

Just looked at www.accuweather.com and up here in Lovely Northern VA it looks like periods of rain and a high of 55.... Bring your rain gear.

Good Luck

Tom

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:11 pm
Profile WWW