View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

Hunting license holder numbers/Res and Non Res/and revenues 
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Post Hunting license holder numbers/Res and Non Res/and revenues
EDIT TO SAY_____Please see TDKennel post below to get the proper link to the res and nones license revenue per state

If you click on the corrected link provided by TD Kennels (below) this chart has every state and all resident /non res license sales and you can compare states revenues and see what non resident hunters are contributing to your states game departments annually . and see how many are out there.

Notable that the big game states in the western US get a huge huge amount of their revenue from OOS licenses....

Some of these numbers may explain why THP and other U tube groups are being paid by states to come and advertise the turkey hunting in that state--to lure more OOS revenues. Because I hunt OOS state so much on private land and do not hunt much public land OOS I dont feel too bad about going OOS to hunt. If l was a public land only hunter I would not be happy at all about paying social media influencers to come to my state to turkey hunt and film to draw more OOS hunters in to that public land...especially in Va where the public land turkey kill numbers are abysmal considering the acreage off public lands in the state.

FWIW

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Last edited by Gobblenow on Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:04 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: Hunting license holder numbers/Res and Non Res/and reven
This does not surprise me. They want that outside money for their programs and such. The oddity to me is they are pushing for more outside moneys, but have not done much to garner the moneys from in state hunters. Some states make it tough on resident hunters and wonder why they quit hunting. Schools teach kids that all guns are evil killing machines and if you see someone with a gun call the police. I've done what I can with my own son and other friend's kids but you don't see as much as when I was young. I think most state hunting programs must survive on moneys they raise through licenses and such, but other programs get state moneys to use. I think most states want hunters gone, only a few in the wildlife side see our utility and benefit. Kind of sad how they are destroying the industry.
V

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:04 am
Jake

Post Re: Hunting license holder numbers/Res and Non Res/and reven
Thanks for that. This works (if it's broke, do copy/paste):
https://www.fws.gov/wsfrprograms/Subpag ... 202020.pdf

Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:37 am
Profile WWW