View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 6:17 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Boss Gobbler

Post Re: WHO ARE YOU?
Welcome Topper and Bruce6! It's amazing how many "lurkers" I run into out there!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Jake

new here. Originally from the Midwest and grew up bird hunting (pheasant, quail, duck, geese) and moved out east about 12 years ago. Recently got back into bow hunting (got a couple with my bow in December) and now cannot wait until Turkey season. Have shot a few with gun, but this will be first time with bow. Also hoping to pick up some tips for hunting these Thunder Chickens out here, as I used to hunt them in fields and on edges of fields in the Midwest....not used to searching and hunting for them in woods like I will be hunting here.

Shaun

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:47 am
Poult

My name is Old Navy. Retired in 1994 in Va. Have hunted for awhile but have slacked off in recent years. getting back into it. So much to relearn and new things to learn. Thats why I hang out hear :smt004

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:37 pm
Poult

I've been a lurker on here for years, and I have enjoyed all the stories and good natured ribbing that takes place on a daily basis. I have been a pilot in the Marine Corps, a police officer in VA, but now I am relegated to a an office program manager job because my wife loves money a little too much. :)

Been hunting and trapping for most of my life, and I look forward to continuing to read about everyone's adventures. Hopefully I'll have one or two to share as well.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:37 am
Boss Gobbler

Welcome to all the new folks! Glad to have you all aboard!!! :smt006

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

I'm Normand, a retired sgt. with the Ma Environmental Police. I broke my ankle pretty bad walking out the door to go to work, and here I am retired at 58. Prior to the above I was a State Correctional Officer at Walpole State Prison. And before that I was a sgt with the USMC, Parris Island graduate, an 0341 and Forward Observer for all the supporting arms, naval gunfire and forward air support. I've been hunting the Wild turkey for about 10 or 11 years, and have been blest with Turkey hunting friends that let me call them whenever for info and the finer points.I am currently a firm believer in the aluminum pot call, Do-Rall turkey calls and long boxes ; I believe in them 'cause they work ! I think that there is nothing finer in Turkey Hunting than having a Tom honor your call by answering with his gobble and coming in to you looking for a hen. I am also blessed with a wife who puts up with my strange noises and time spent turkey hunting. :smt006 Persistence,determination,and a quality place to hunt are omnipotent. Earl Mickel[/quote]

Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:38 pm
Poult

I'm Littleberry Darby and I'm in Toano, VA - really psyched for this spring, but I've only got one place to hunt (a nice friend with a big back yard) and I'm wondering if anyone knows landowners who are turkey-hunter-friendly in the area: Toano, Norge, Williamsburg, or up further towards New Kent. Also down to meet other turkey nuts - I'm in college down here, so there's not a lot of kids into it in my social circle. Love to hear from ya!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 pm
2 Year Old

Dan here from Madison, VA. New to Turkey hunting so right now I am really trying to find places to hunt and get geared up properly. Also learning to call with diaphram...but thats coming along slowly. No decoys yet since I am pretty much decided to hunt mountain areas. My shootin iron right now is a Weatherby PA-08 pump that I bought for upland hunting...guess I will invest in a Turkey gun for next season. I'm pretty excited to get season started...I work nights so I will be able to hunt every day if I want. :mrgreen:

Also a waterfowl hunter so if anyone wants to get together for a duck/goose hunt I am definately game! :smt006

Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:10 pm
2 Year Old

Hello everyone, am Jeff S. and I live in Northern Virginia. Grew up in Louisiana and only moved here after marrying a girl from Chesapeake. Been hunting turkeys up here for the last ten years, killed a few and made to look silly by more than I care to remember. My wife knows that I am a little crazy because I start acting like a love struck gobbler about the time the dogwoods bloom. Can't help it, I just love the sound of thunder chickens.

I am looking forward to hearing about ya'lls hunting here in Virginia and seeing some trophy pictures. Taking the daughter out this Saturday for the youth hunt - hopefully we will be in the middle of them - should be fun.

Good luck and God bless.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:07 pm
Boss Gobbler

Welcome Jeff, Dan, Littleberry Darby, Normand! Glad to have all of you!

Good luck to everyone this spring!

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

I am one of the newest members to the site hainvg joined just yesterday. Being hunting and fishing in the VA my whole life but have yet to explore turkey hunting. See them all the time but have only now decided to give it a try. Have been reading alot of posts lately in an attempt to educate myself on spring gobbler season. I live in Culpeper County VA and welcome any and all advice.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 am
Poult

Clayton Perry here. 4 wonderfull kids mainly because of my wife. I have known Freddy and Amy forever it seems.
I am currently the General Manager of a construction company in Charlotte NC but still live in good ole Dublin Va.
I am just a country boy that has chased the birds all my life.( and anything else in season)
Fishing is another passion with me.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:24 pm
Boss Gobbler

Welcome guys!

Mr. Perry... good to see you here! Hope all is well! It's been a long time!

Good luck to you both this season!!

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

Good opening day - not the best, but if it had been the best, what would I do for the next two weeks? Bagged a nice bearded hen that I clucked in across a lake inlet right into my spread - I'm curious about this behavior. I had heard (from several sources) that hens get as clique-y as high school cheerleaders, and won't let others into a group, but this one seemed to want to make friends (until of course I shot her). Has anyone experienced odd behavior from lone hens like this? And, if so, could you pinpoint what or how you were calling to entice her in? I'm all about longbeards, but frankly, hens just taste better. Good luck and go get'em! -L

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:33 pm
Poult

My name is Jim and live in Midlothian Va I am an Auto Mechanic and work for a large used car dealer I hunt with my son Chris and a good friend Steve. I am new to any kind of hunting so I have lots af question that I will not bore you with right now. The only place I have hunted is in Nottoway but we are trying to find more places

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next