View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Longbeard

Post Re: WHO ARE YOU?
Hello everyone, my name is brandon and I live in bedford county. I have a beautiful wife named cindy. I have one son that is 2 yrs old and his name is colton. We also have a baby on the way due in september. I work on a orchard and work some with my father at his transmission shop. I was in the army but now done with my duty. Other than that I hunt if I'm not working or spending time with my family. My wife also likes to hunt. I have 2 300acre plus farms that I hunt here in bedford county. I love deer hunting and turkey hunt to pass the off time. If anybody is in or near bedford get intouch with me and would love to go hunting sometime.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:02 pm
Poult

Hello all. My name is Dave. 34 years old, living in Centreville. I have been hunting for a long time now with no luck, or skill, depends on who you talk to. I am married, with a 16mo. old daughter and another on the way, due in Nov. I currently go out for deer, turkey, fish a bit, and want to start going for varmints.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:38 pm
Longbeard

Hello everyone my name is Curtis i live in Fredericksburg va, I have been turkey hunting for over 27 years, don't do much spring hunting but back in the day i did most all my turkey hunting behind a fall turkey dog. I got away from turkey hunting and making calls for the last few years but with some of my buddys asking me about the calls i use to make and about fall turkey hunting a got the bug again and made them a few calls . And hope to maybe do some fall turkey hunting this come fall. I remember when Freddy first made this site and glad it is still up and going. If i could help any one in any way let me know. I made a nice video of how to use a wing bone and a cow horn yelpers and i will post it.

thanks
Curtis (wingboneman)

Fri May 18, 2012 9:43 am
Poult

My name is Jeff and I live in Sumerduck. I am married to a bride of 25 years (Dolly) and have 3 daughters with a total of 13 grandchildren. I have been hunting ever since I was old enough to hold a gun by myself and turkey hunting for about 25 years. I am a Christian and very active with the Lord's church. I am also a side kick to Wingboneman and he's been teaching me the fine craft of making tukey calls. :mrgreen:

Disciple

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 pm
Boss Gobbler

Welcome to Jeff ad Curtis! Glad to have you guys around!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Jake

G'Day All,
I am Col Holloway, from Fredericksburg VA. In the US on a Military posting from Australia. New to hunting (only started this year). Very keen to give Turkey hunting a go, with no idea where or how to start. I am not silly enough to think it is just a case of heading into the woods with a shotgun. Any info you can share on how to scout, when to start and hunting opportunities would be appreciated.
I am married with 5 kids and, so far, enjoying my time in the US.
Cheers

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:03 pm
King of Spring

ColHolloway wrote:
G'Day All,
I am Col Holloway, from Fredericksburg VA. In the US on a Military posting from Australia. New to hunting (only started this year). Very keen to give Turkey hunting a go, with no idea where or how to start. I am not silly enough to think it is just a case of heading into the woods with a shotgun. Any info you can share on how to scout, when to start and hunting opportunities would be appreciated.
I am married with 5 kids and, so far, enjoying my time in the US.
Cheers

I would concentrate your efforts on Quantico MCB since you are Military.. They should let you in a week or so before season to scout some areas.. go to the web site and read all the regs.. GreyGhost on here hunts there a lot.. so pick his brain as well.. scouting and finding roosting sites are the key to being in the game.. learn how to use a couple of different types of calls.. get your gun shooting a good pattern out to 40 yds and be still and have patience.. my best advice that I give all beginners is to find a verteran and beg them to take you along a few times.. other than that I always tell people that you have to learn to think like a turkey to kill them consistently.. good luck..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:45 am
Poult

My name is Jamey, I live in Vermont, and found your site doing research for our upcoming hunt in the Tazewell area this April. My two hunting buddies and i try to hunt a differnt state, or new area, for a week every year. I killed my first longbeard (Tom) in 1985, and have only killed one single Jake since then...my hunting partners and myself really belive in "let 'em go, let 'em grow" when it comes to turkeys....after all, everybody wants to see big, full fan strutters. we are excited to come down and see your country for a week, and, if we are lucky, kill one or two.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:19 pm
Poult

My name is Ed, I am in the Marine Corps, and I hunt mostly on the military base at Quantico. I am in my 40s and have hunted for 20+ years, but never hunted turkeys before until last fall, when I discovered a lot of turkeys while deer hunting and ended up taking a hen as my first turkey. Now I am looking forward to my first attempt at spring gobbler hunting.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:47 pm
Boss Gobbler

Welcome Ed! Congrats on your first bird and good luck on that gobbler!!!

Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Welcome aboard Ed! Congrats on your fall bird. Hope to see you at the check station this spring or see you out and about in the training areas.

Earl

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 pm
Poult

Thanks Earl and Freddy. The fall hunting on base was a lot of fun and there were enough turkeys in the woods that I managed to bag one without really knowing what I was doing. Now I am doing a crash study to figure out all the things that change with the spring hunt. I have already figured one thing out: the flock I hunted in January is not where it used to be any more. I'm really looking forward to the spring season!

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:19 pm
Longbeard

Hello everyone,

I've been following your forum for awhile and finally decided to join in. My family and I live in Fauquier county where I do a majority of my hunting. I have been turkey hunting for a little over 30 years and I am also a turkey addict. I enjoy your forum and look forward to talking to you all.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:36 pm
Poult

I am an old fart secret agent from down south who used to lurk here sometimes trying to decode the identity of the infamous Tennessee masked man.... GN. I was about as successful at that as I was getting logged back in to this site after a long, long hiatus. After struggling to read Freddy's hidden subliminal registration colorful access codes, I now wonder if I can even see good enough to shoot an old longbeard if he steps out! I did just order the turkey hunting DVD. Maybe that and the fact it's only 6 more days til season here will get me fully motivated for 4:30 AM every day. The freezing, rainy, cold, nasty weather has made it hard to get the fever this year, but I've been seeing groups of mature gobblers far exceeding our very liberal bag limits everywhere I scout. That's encouraging! Diablo, you hearing 'em over your way on these cold days?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:53 pm
Poult

Hey all my name is Troy Farmer and I live in yorktown, Va. I am 23 years old, newly married, and an absolute rookie when it comes to turkey hunting. This will only be my second season of gobbler hunting. After killing a nice gobbler on my first hunt ever last season I became hooked. I hunt in Gloucester county and King William county.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next