View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Poult

My name is Tom Johnson, I live in Granville Co,N.C.
I work for a computer company in the Research Triangle Park,N.C.
I have been turkey hunting since 1978,Have hunted in VA, every year(spring&fall) I also hunt S.C. & N.C turkey seasons. I have wore out two
knees chaseing them three toes,Sometimes i get one and most of the times i dont. I injoy this web site, sounds like a great bunch of guys.,

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:56 pm
Poult

I'm a farmer up north in Illinois. I stumbled on to the site about a year ago. I've only been turkey hunting for a year. I've learned more reading here than I could have ever learned on my own in a lifetime. I just hope you fella's don't throw a yankee out of here :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:58 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Hey Northern Boy, welcome..is it to late to apply for out of state Illinois tags for turkey this spring?

Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:54 pm
Giles County Virginia. I hunt everything my wife will let out of the house to hunt. I have two kids, so when I am out she has to watch them.

Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:29 pm
Jake

I'm a 31 year old financial analyst, just moved to Goochland county from Richmond where I've spent the last 10 years. Grew up in PA where my father and grandfather taught me how to to hunt and fish. Started hunting turkey, deer, and grouse at age 12. Hunted turkeys mostly in the fall until I moved to VA 10 years ago, at which point the obsession took control. Hunt mostly around Central VA, but love to head to the mountains whenever I can. Also get back to PA and hunt with my father every year.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:12 pm
King of Spring

Todd Hostetter, 38 Born and raised in Rockbridge county Va. Been Hunting Turkey's since about 1984. Love to bow hunt deer as well. I try to get in the woods and hunt about 4 or 5 days a week from october 1 to Jan. 1. Been married 19 years, Daughter 16 and son 11. I am a Maintenance Manager in a long term health care facility ( Beverly Ent.)
Almost forgot- I have a dog , she is 2 years old.
Other time consuming hobbies are rideing my motor cycle.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:02 pm
Eric Baker here...I live in State College PA and have a wonderful wife and 3 great kids that I love more than anything in this world.

I'm 38 and have been chasing turkeys for 26 years. I hunt as many states as possible every spring and thanks to my supportive family probably hunt more than I should.

I work for a computer software company based in Fairfax VA but work fulltime from my home in PA. I design and test web-based Financial and Human Resource software packages for Local Governments.

I have 14 gobblers coming in my yard every day right now...so as much as I like VA I'm not about to even consider ever moving! :)

-Eric

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:59 pm
King of Spring

My name is Doug S. lived in Rockbridge Co. all my life and i am not planning on leaving. I have been married for 11 yrs and have a son who is 16 and a daughter who is 9. I love to hunt but especially gobbler hunting. Fortunately i have a job were i can hunt everyday didn't use to be that way but when you get your boss hooked on it everything changes. I sand & refinish hardwood floors for a living. I love hunting with other people but my best hunting partner is my son. I also enjoy this site.

Doug

Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:57 pm
Longbeard

I am Albert Crigger; I moved to Roanoke a couple months ago. Originally from Richlands, VA, but got married and moved here to find good work. We don't have kids yet so I need to do my outdoor living before we do.

I love the outdoors; especially, turkey, deer, and grouse hunting. And, love fishing of any kind. I know what a few of the other posters are saying about the striper addiction. I too find that is a growing urge within me. Too bad the striper runs and turkey seasons overlap. This will be a hard decision. Turkeys through the week and saturdays, and stripers on sundays. Maybe a few of you other guys could feed my addiction to both turkeys and stripers?? Need to find a few guys to hunt and fish with because I am new to the area.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:14 pm
Poult

my name is greg and i am from reynoldsville, pa. and i been hunting turkey's for 23 years. i have shot 33 birds which 30 of them were gobblers and jakes. my biggest one was shot in 2002. a 22 lber, 10 1/4 beard and 1 in. spurs. turkey hunting is in my blood and only wish i could year round.here is one of my 2004 gobbler's. it was 19 3/4 lbs,9 1/2 in.beard,and 1 1/8 in. spurs. i work at a local hospital and been there 11 yrs.Image

Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:16 pm
Poult

My name is Brian. I'm from Fredvegas VA. I'm 38 with 3 daughters, the twins are 4 and my oldest is 7 yrs old. I've been hunting for over 20 years now with 14 of them for Spring birds. I work for the USN in Dahlgren.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:20 am
Longbeard

My name is tony been hunting for several years.Have a wonderful wife and we have two great kids. A six year old boy and 18 month old girl.live in southwest va and work at a tuck plant. Really enjoy this site.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:05 pm
Jake

My name is Tim and I'm from Stephens City, Va. I had the good fortune of putting a mouth call in for the first time at age 6 (30+ years ago). Just so happened that my dad and another fellow were starting a turkey call business back then. I'm married with two kids and I'm an athletic trainer at the local high school. My other addictions are bass fishing, deer hunting and waterfowl hunting.

Last edited by RaspyD on Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:51 pm
King of Spring

My name is Eric and I'm 26 years old have been married to my wonderful wife for 2 years. We are expecting our first child any day now. I don't get much time to post right now because of work and baby preparations. I have been spring gobbler hunting for 15 years (I think). I grew up in and still live in Central WV. I'm a Dale Jr. Fan. I think gobblers should be called up and shot in the face with shotguns. I also like to chase mature bucks and the occasional black bear. Next winter I'm going to start trapping again for the first time since high school. I'm a CPA for a living and work for a supermarket chain. I eat ramps and morels. I dig sang and snare fish through a hole in the ice. I drive Chevrolet's and ride Kawasaki's. I shoot Mossberg shotguns, Remington rifles and a Mathews bow. I'm basically a self taught turkey hunter so just about everything I know about the subject was learned the hard way.........and I wouldn't change that now if I could.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:46 pm
2 Year Old

I am Rick Layser. I retired as a Department of Defense civilian analyst in 2003. I moved from Fairfax to a small horse farm outside of Middlebrook Virginia that I am converting to wildlife habitat. I am Vice President of the Virginia State Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation, and a DGIF Volunteer Outdoor Educator and National Archery in the Schools instructor. My wife, Linda, and I hunt turkey, deer, waterfowl, grouse and any other game that presents an opportunity. I train retrievers as a hobby. We currently have 2 labs I have trained for waterfowl and upland game hunting.

Last edited by Rick on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next