View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Poult

My name is Steve. I have been lurking here for almost a year. I grew up in Danville and graduated from VT (Corps) in 1977. I live just south of Atlanta now. I'm a 767 Captain for a major airline. I grew up hunting in Virginia and NC and have been turkey hunting for 15 years. I have been fortunate to hunt three of the four native sub-species plus New Zealand. This year I'm hoping to complete my slam with a Merriam's. I also hope to take my first Virginia bird this year, if I can find a spot to hunt around Danville. I enjoy the posts on this forum. Great people with good information.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:23 am
Jake

My name is Rich aka. Ridgerunner from Indiana. I live in West Central Indiana ,West of Indianapolis. I have 2 boys and a daughter ages 14, 16, 17. Married. I am 35 years old in a couple weeks March 21. I grew up in the outdoors hunting, trapping, camping spent all my free time growing up in the woods. I have always had a great respect for nature and the outdoors and I raise my children the same way. I love to deer hunt with a bow, bird hunt, fish, trap coyote and last ,but not least, chase the elusive gobbler.

I am a Refrigeration Mechanic, I repair heavy commercial and Industrial Refrigeration equipment from chillers, boilers, ice machines to building automated control systems. My wife is a School teacher for special needs children. I make turkey calls as a hobby more less. My passion is turkey hunting. I would love to be hunting or fishing 24/7/365. I thank the Good Lord for the blessings I have experienced in the outdoors with friends and family, I hope we all, and you all have many more years of good hunting to come. Ridgerunner

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:29 pm
Poult

Post ME
Hi... My name is Tymer Kimball from Corning, N.Y. I am 36 and have been hunting turkes since I was able at 14. I work as a Mixing Technician at the Pessware Plant in town here. We make Corelle Dinnerware. Basically, I weigh up and mix all the raw materials that make the glass.
Turkeys are my favorite hunting. This site seems pretty cool......... :) [/b]

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:46 am
Austin here, thought i would check out the new site. I am 19 years old and am a full time professinal hunting and fishing guide. During the spring and summer i work for World Cast Anglers out of jackson hole Wy, and in August i head to Sundance Wy and work for Seven J Outfitters. Fortunate enough to get to work the realtree boys...and that crazy cameraman Nick Mundt. Originally, from Richlands, Va and with the loving support of my family took my addiction of hunting to the next level to make a living at it. Fortunate to get to head back to Va to get in some turkey hunting this spring. A homecoming hopefully filled with much gobbling and many beards...haha. Good luck to all and have a safe one!![/img]

Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:44 am
Poult

Robert Lee 22 years old for grundy va, started hunting when I was twelve years old, I have to confess I am not very good at hunting but I am damn persistent. I love turkey hunting the most, you actually get to connect with your quarry on a personnel level. I like to deer hunt but it doesn't compare to the pursuit of this mysterious bird. I get my but kicked on a regular basis by turkey's . But the way I look at it turkey's have to have something to laugh at just like we do , and I seem to make every one I hunt run away laughing but every now and then I get one to stop laughing long enough to cooperate. And I am not above shooting them while they are rolling aroun holding their stomachs

Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:36 am
Poult

G.Sams, I've been checking out the site for some time and finally decided to register. Been hunting some kind of critter for more than 40 years. I have to blame gobbstopper1946 for giving me the turkey hunting bug a few years back. Live in Greene County, TN

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:22 pm
Longbeard

My name is Ricky, aka readytorumble, and I have a hometown 22 year old boy from botetourt county, who now lives in bedford. Because of a great friend from Salem, VA i have fallen in love with turkey hunting, he helped me get my first bird in the fall, as well as my first bird in the spring. Everything i have learned has been from him, my own mistakes, and this board. Like the rest of you .. i am ate up with turkey hunting and i am ready to rumble this spring! I am happily married, and blessed to have a wife doesn't mind me goin out in the woods!! I hope to get her out sometime!! I again, just want to thank those responsible for this site and for all of the info that has been posted in this site! Great job everybody!!

Last edited by readytorumble on Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:43 pm
Profile YIM
Poult

My name is Brian and I live in James City Co. I am 38yoa and been hunting all my life. I started chasing the gobblers about three years ago and I have a horse shoe stuck in my back pocket. I have been a police officer for twenty years now and try and not let it interfear with my chase. Two wonderful daugters and a great wife. My little one is a turkey hunter in the making with this year being her first. She can't wait!
I like this site and enjoy reading the post.
Thanks.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:42 am
Poult

Post Who are you?
Hello. My name is Brian. My family and I have lived in the Roanoke Valley for 15 years. Originally from Madison, WV (Boone Co).

Five years as a Underground Coal Miner. Six years in the US Coast Guard as an Aviation Electronics Technician flying on C-130. Kodiak, Alaska last duty station prior to Roanoke Valley.
Locomotive Engineer now who work's on call and has little time to hunt. But guess what that is all about to change now because of my intrest in this sport. The more I read this, it becomes a challange, not a cake walk. For that the adventure begins and I will soon post my results.

Hunt Safe & Smart. Good luck too all. May God Bless You! ><>

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:14 am
Poult

Post WHO I AM
I go by the name Fat Cobra which is a long story but my real name is Derek. I live in Mecklenburg county, which is near gaston/kerr lake. By day I am an investment broker and insurance agent. I have been turkey hunting for 2 years now and this will be my 3rd. I havent killed one of these extremely smart birds yet. Maybe this will be the year. I am 24 years old, have a wife and 4 dogs. one is a jack russell and the other three are walkers. I am in process of buying a few blueticks/redbones. Freddy love the site. Have been here for 2 years just reading never posting alot.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Jake

Post Who Are You?
Hi! My name is Gary. I'm from Lancaster, Pa. I'm 56 years old and have been hunting since I was 12. I just started hunting turkeys a few years ago. I have yet to kill a longbeard. I have 4 children and 3 grandsons. The oldest grandson is 10 years old and shows an interest in hunting. I have worked in Law Enforcement for 34 years. I hope to take my first longbeard this year in Va. My other interests are striper fishing, deer hunting and trapping.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:11 pm
Post Who Are You
Howdy....Gene here.....live in Augusta Co, Va....I am older than dirt and have been married for so long I have forgot when I was single... :lol: I use to jump from airplanes when I was in the 101st Airborne Division (Screaming Eagles)....I am a retired State Meat Inspector....I like all types of hunting and flyfishing...but the long beards can really get me crankin....My son got me addicted after we worked the first bird....This is a great site...wish I had found it sooner.....keep up the good post....

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:52 pm
Longbeard

Are you an engineer with NS? I'm a dispatcher on the Pocahontas Division.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:34 pm
Poult

My name is Nathan...I live in Richcreek,Virginia but home is up Wolf Creek in Narrows,Va. I have a wife and two children ages 3 and 4..I'm a machinist and welder for a mine equipment repair company...Been Turkey hunting since as long as I can remember..Be 30 in july so I guess I have a few years behind me on the sport and made my share of mistakes and probably more to come...

Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:21 pm
I am from Richlands here in Tazewell county. I really enjoy to hunt, especially turkey. Seems like were going to have a good year.

Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:58 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next