View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Larry Clark from Ridgeway , Va. (Henry Co.) Semi Retired from Duke Power Co.Seems like 38 years would be enough but contract back to them for about 6 months each year.I hunt and fish when I'm not farming or working.I'm in a Sportsman Club in Nicholes, Co . WV and hunt and trout fish up there a lot.When I worked for the power company I was in maintenance.Machinest/Welder for 13 years.maintenance supervisor 12 years,planner/scheduler for 8 years and retired in '03 working in an engineering group as a tech team leader. Have attended one group gathering last year and met a real fine bunch of guys.Looking foward to this years get together.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:03 am
Poult

name is chris live in Stuartsdraft va hunt nelson and augusta county.. I have 2 children girl 10 boy 8. Love hunting and fishing

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:24 pm
King of Spring

My name is David. I'm 35. My wife Jennifer and I have two daughters 4 and 2 and a third on the way. I sell books to schools in WV and SW VA. I am a recovering striped bass addict - actually just transferred it to turkeys. This will be my 5th season hunting Spring gobblers. I also love to bowhunt, waterfowl and run traps for fox and bobcat (just learning). This site has been an incredible source of learning and enjoyment. I have made some great friends here and I am looking forward to making more!

Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:45 pm
Poult

Robert Curd from Amherst County, VA. Certified Athletic Trainer and Teacher at Amherst County High School. Love to hunt deer and turkey. Only been hunting turkey for 4 years so still learning a lot. Also, enjoy predator hunting and farming on the side.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:25 pm
King of Spring

Jeff D, from Morgantown, WV - presently living in SC. happily married almost 20 years with 2 great kids 15 and 10.

...just a simple man obsessed with a big black bird...physically sit at a desk mostly to earn a living...psychologically always playing chess with a mountain monarch or being jerked around the stern of a 45 footer by a billfish.

been obsessed as long as i can remember...played chess the first time in 1982...since then i've lost more games than i win...and like to think i've learned more than i probably have

"A man who insists on adherence to the facts when it comes to his hunting exploits, size of fish...abilities of his bird dog...is an untrustworthy fellow. A fine sporting liar is a gentleman & someone whose acquaintance should be cherished" R. Ruark.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:12 pm
Name is Kevin Lee. I live in Salem, Va. Been happily married for 15 years. Have an 18 year old son in the Navy and a 10 year old daughter who hunts with me from time to time. Hope to take her out on the youth hunting day April 2nd for a spring bird. I have been obsessed with the three toed ghost for more than 10 years now and just when I think I've figured these birds out, they pull something completely new on me and I start over at square 1. :? I love square 1. It keeps me awake on that 4th morning in a row getting up at 4:30am dragging my butt up the mountain.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:38 pm
Name is Billy, 45, flatlander from Richmond. Work in the investment business. Been hunting since I was 8 - mostly waterfowl. Stumbled onto and bagged my first turkey in the fall of '76 (while goose hunting). Didn't take up chasing 'em in the spring until '88, but took until spring of '91 to squeeze the trigger on one. Haven't missed a season since, but had a few 0'fers.

Happily married for almost 17 years. Blessed to have four wonderful children, two daughters, 13 & 11, and twin sons, who just turned 8. My wife hunted with me some right up until we got married, has shown little interest since! Kids are coming along, have shown varying degrees of interest in hunting and the outdoors (teenage daughter my hardest challenge). Thankfully, they all put up with my obsession.

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:33 am
Poult

I'm John, I'm 30, and I go to school and teach at the College of William & Mary. I live with my wife nearby in James City Co. I grew up saltwater fishing mostly and doing a little hunting, but I got serious about the latter five or six years back, including turkeys. I hunt primarily in Charles City Co.

Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:28 pm
King of Spring

I am Earl Carpenter, 44 years old, born and live in the piedmont of NC. Married to a wonderful wife - Terri, for 22 years, no kids, just lots of nephews! Work for a telecommunications / network equipment provider, currently in the capacity of a customer operations account manager. In conjunction with the turkey addiction, I enjoy fishing, small game and archery hunting, golf, snow skiing and have even done a little cave diving.

Grew up turkey hunting as my dad was smitten by his grandfather at an early age and it was dreamed, lived, breathed, taught and revered in our house, falling in line directly behind god and family. Believe I would have been taken to the woods as a toddler had camouflage pampers been around back then! Lucky to have one of the best mentors for turkey hunting, and more importantly life, any human could ask for – my dad. We have always had the “best buddiesâ€

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:43 am
Profile YIM
Longbeard

I'm Rob Hale, 33 years old, and live in NE Tazewell County, outside of the town of Bluefield. Fortunate to grow up where no landowner held their land off limits, and started fishing, trapping, and hunting very early, and in that order. Married for almost 9 years, but no deductions yet. I'm a graduate of Radford University with a BS in geology, but now work for Norfolk Southern as a train dispatcher. I'm currently in the process of trying to purchase 45 acres of horse farm to join with my 41 acres of forest, so struggling farmer could be added to my titles soon. I deeply enjoy all hunting, but in recent years have found that my greatest joys come from the company of friends while hunting. Deer, turkey, and chasing rabbits with beagles are my favorites. However, my growing addiction to striper fishing is threatening to impose on most of my other free time activities.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:22 am
2 Year Old

im shannon, 32 live in washington county md. my dad started taking me turkey hunting when i was 7, got hooked early.i hunt turkeys in 5 or 6 states each year, and also archery deer, and coonhunt, to run my dogs and hear them sing, but dont shoot no coons. never married and no kids.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:54 am
Longbeard

My name is Jimmy. My wife, Jennifer and I have two daughters. Shelby is 3 and loves to go huntin with dad and Maggie is 1 and hopefully will enjoy hunting also. I live in Surry Co., VA and have been hunting since '77. I started hunting turkeys 10 years ago and have learned a lot from this board. I've met a few of you at some shows but haven't got to the cookout yet. Good luck to everyone this season.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:49 pm
2 Year Old

Patrick here and I also live in Surry. JP turned me onto this board and it is great. I am 25 and my wife and I have a 14 month old daughter Abigail. I have deer hunted since I was 8 or so but really started hittin the turkeys hard after I graduated from UVA-Wise. 7 birds in 3 years has made me a full blown addict! Heard one gobble yesterday morning while I was in the yard so I am starting to get that itch!

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:00 pm
Jake

My name is Will, I go to Radford University and am tryin to get into Tech but I am originally from the Eastern Shore of Virginia one of the greatest places in the state. I was mainly just the three D's hunter duck dove and deer but then my dad got into turkey hunting around 93 and soon after started taking me. School lets out in the middle of the season so I hunt in the Jefferson National forrest then go home to the shore hunt a few days there and head up to Pawlet, Vermont where we hunt on my dads friends property.

I get to go offshore fishing couple of times each year and I cant get enough of shark fishing along with fishin for rock along the Bay Bridge.
One of the neatest kinds of hunting I have been lucky enough to witness was my brother became a certified falconer. Seeing a Red tailed hit a rabbit at full speed is really something to see. Good luck to everyone this season hope the days start goin by faster!

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:54 pm
Poult

M Tallent Dallas, Ga. grew up in Chatham Va.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next