View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Longbeard

Hi, my name is Randy L. I'm 46 and live in Mount Carmel, TN across from Holston Army Ammunition Plant. Never hunted at HAAP but I love to listen at the turkeys from my deck. Hunt mostly in Scott County, VA and Hancock County, TN. My wife and I have four daughters: 22, 21, 20, 4 and a son 23. I've worked 25 years for a telecommunications company but may be unemployed soon because we just merged. Love turkey hunting and bow hunting.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:35 am
King of Spring

Dale here. Commonly referred to as "The Blind One". Live in Botetourt County and work in Roanoke VA for a natural gas utility company doing most anything they ask me to. Mainly I'm a computer nerd, like Freddy, but I also run alot of back office processess. I've been hunting turkey's since '82 and, like most others on here, I'm addicted. I also hunt deer, small game, grouse, waterfowl. Pretty much anything that gets me in the field. I'm married to my high school sweetheart who tolerates my addition to hunting. We have one son, Hunter (she named him), age 4 that I'm praying will join me in my pursuits one day. Not much about keeping track of the numbers on game killed, but have a few under my belt and many, many more lessons learned. This site has been a blessing for me. I've met so many great people on here, I can't begin to thank them all.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:01 am
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

Hody here, friends call me that or Tim. I am in Education. I love to hunt. Turkey hunting is my main addiction. I have recently been doing a bit more predator hunting. It can be addicting like Turkeys.
Have 2 Children. My daughter who will be 5 soon has been hunting with me and enjoys it. My son is 2 and will go when he gets a bit older.
I think this board is a great place and have met some wonderful folks on here and at the cookout. Make sure you attend the cookout, it is a great time.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:31 am
2 Year Old

Real name is Steve. Charlie is my Walker Hound who is as hard headed lanky and goofy as me (almost). I have lived all over the country and hunted in a great number of places on mostly a casual basis. Met freddy while working in Roanoke for a few years and asked some simple advise on the Spring season that was upcomming. Gave him a brief overview of my Dad's 350 acres in Bath Co. and he gave me some simple advice on what he would do, sight unseen. Called in two longbeards within 30 minutes of my first hunt (following Freddy's advice to the letter, of course) Missed the shot i was so worked up and have been trying to redeem eversince. Freddy worked and hooked me just like a drug pusher would. THANKS

Now live in Colorado trying to get into the hunt scene here and getting some fly fishing in as well.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:57 am
King of Spring

Name is Randy.. I live in Manassas VA, I'm in Computer Networking.. I work for a local Government. Spent six years in Arizona after I graduated from College. Been back on the east coast now for 5 years.

Married with a son Luke who is 18 months old and have another baby due in July.

Grew up in Pocahontas County West Virginia, been hunting all my life, Deer, Bear, and Turkey mostly.. except for those six years I spent finding myself as I like to call it.. Really became a Turkey Hunting Addict when I was in College..

Met some great guys through the Site.. and have gotten to hunt with some of them..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Last edited by WVBOY on Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:22 pm
Jake

My name is Mark. I live in Wise County, have lived here all of my life except for the 4 yrs I spent in the Marine Corps. I am 34, have two children, daughter 13 and son 7. I have been hunting since I was 7, mostly small game and deer, just got into spring turkey hunting 5 yrs ago. My first year I took one gobbler and called in two more for friends, which is what I usually try and do, after I get one. This year I plan on taking my son along with me and get him hooked at an early age. Just started coyote hunting, and with Freddy's recommendations on a couple of calls, have done pretty good. I work as a Quality Control Manager in the hardwood industry.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:23 pm
Longbeard

My name is John, I'm 34 and I'm from Lancaster, PA.

Turkey hunting is one of my passions though I don't get to hunt them as much as I like. I'm married and have two kids, 7 & 10, who are both really beginning to enjoy the outdoors. In addition to turkey hunting, I'm an avid deer hunter and paintball player. I also do a lot of fishing for flounder and bass/walleye on Lake Ontario. Just this past year I started crabbing with the kids and had an absolute blast so I plan to focus on crabbing a lot during the late summer. I just found the site a month or so ago and have really enjoyed the info so far!!!

Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:03 pm
Longbeard

Post who am I
I hunt Va and Wv for turkey squirrel and deer. Got two married boys who both hunt. Retired veterinarian and have been hunting Turkey for forty years plus. Moving to Texas near Corpus Christi (Rockport) to fish all year but come back for five weeks in the Spring and two months in the Fall.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:05 pm
2 Year Old

John here, but on the board I go as DownEast. Im 29 and live in Mecklenburg County (near Gaston and Buggs Island Lakes). I write computer software for a company in North Carolina. That is how I fund my obsession with turkey hunting (gun here, call there, you guys know what I mean). Ive been turkey hunting since I was 15 and and love every minute of it.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:50 pm
Jake

I'm Matt and as you might have guessed from my screen name I'm from Sterling, VA which is near Dulles Airport. I'm 34 and I grew up hunting mostly quail and rabbit during the summers in New Mexico when I would visit my Grandparents. Until this year I had never hunted in VA even though I've lived here most of my life. I went out for Turkey this spring knowing only what I'd read in books and on this site and came real close to bagging one. Just that one experience had me addicted!

Since that time I've been out hunting just about anything I could, but I prefer to only hunt what I can eat. My favorite non-turkey hunting is Rail (marsh hen) in Chincoteague.

I'm basically a computer guy, but it's only what I do to keep the family (wife and two girls, 4 and 2) supported.

Though I've never me anyone in person from this site, there are lots of great folks here who are very generous with sharing their knowledge and experience. I usually check in once a day.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:04 pm
Profile YIM
Jake

My name is Scott but a lot of my friends call me Scooter.Im 35 and live in Corryton Tn,which is just north of Knoxville.I am originally from Hampton Va. I started small game hunting when i was 10 then moved up to deer hunting a couple of years later.This spring will be mark my sixth spring chasing the birds.My first bird weighed approx 20lbs and had a 12"beard with 1" spurs.After that i was HOOKED on turkey hunting.I like to kill Turkeys but have developed a great enjoyment of hunting with friends and calling in birds for them.
I like to make Turkeys calls and tinker with other hunting related projects.So far i have made 15 or so box calls and just completed two slates. I am slow at it but just do it for the hobby so it doesnt really matter.
I have been married for 11 to a wonderful woman that understands my needs to go "Hunting" all the time ... :D I also have two wonderful children.Brittany is 11 and Brad is 8. They both have taken an interest in hunting and i will attempt to get one or both a shot at a bird this season.
I work in the Electrical field.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:00 pm
Longbeard

My name is Scott (seems like that's a popular name on this board) and I live in Lynchburg, Va. I'm an engineer by trade, married to a wonderful wife (Chris) and have an 18 month old daughter (Emma). I grew up in King & Queen county where I hunted anything that was in season :D I've been turkey hunting for 20+ years.

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:21 am
Jake

My name is Trace. I'm 31 and have been turkey hunting for 6 years here in Middle Tennessee. I am a Business teacher and high school football and softball coach. Been married 8 years and have a 2 year old wild man and a 4 week old little girl. Yes, I am currently sleep deprived.:D

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:42 am
King of Spring

Awesome guys, keep the info comming! :lol: Maybe we should compile a directory.

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:23 pm
King of Spring

Hello Bird dog here.i live in central Va, Albemarle county. I'm a contractor Been huntin Ts and most everything else since the seventies. Which makes me 40 something again. Have pared it down to Ts,d++r ,Grouse, birds, and rabbits I think. If I had to pick 1 it would probably be spring Ts. Have killed some and blown a heap more and after all that experience I think I start every year just hoping he'll answer.

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:15 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next