View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Jake

Post Re: WHO ARE YOU?
I'm John, and I don't turkey hunt, much. Springtime is reserved for fishing, though I have seen some nice spring birds killed in my presence, I haven't ever killed one myself.

I do enjoy hunting turkeys in the fall. I've killed a few with the shotgun, and 2 with my bow. Both bow birds were on public land.

I am more of a flying bird hunter. I would prefer to hunt upland, grouse, pheasants, quail, woodcock, but Virginia presents limited opportunities for this type of hunting. I hunt ducks and geese, regularly, from Sep 1 through February. I have a 15 month old Boykin who is my bird dog (rabbit, squirrel and turkey dog too). We are still learning how to train eachother :smt002 , but he is getting the hang of it nicely. We are best buds, and he has changed the way I look at hunting and life in general.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:26 pm
Poult

Hi, my name is Jeff. 32, richmond, va. Primarily a deer hunter and fisherman, but i enjoyed the few opportunities to hunt turkeys w my Grandpa when i was 13. I hunt deer w my old side-by-side shotgun. Plan on using the same or maybe my little 240fps crossbow for turkeys. I have my ap hill permit and have taken the class to access the CAs. Would like to meet and learn from fellow conscientious hunters. I have my old slate and box calls and diaphragm calls are in the mail. Need to learn a lot about calling but i can sit fairly still and quietly.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Jake

Nick Dalasio here, love to hunt & fish, but turkey hunting's what I like most. Enjoy the fall season just as much as the spring season. Hoping to pick up some pointers on turkey hunting in Virginia (live in Pennsylvania), picking up a turkey dog pup soon and plan to hunt her in multiple states. I've been fall turkey-dogging for a number of years, always with someone else's dog, finally have the time and desire to train & own my own dog.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:52 pm
Poult

:smt006 Good morning, VA Turkey. Some of you already know me. My name is Brandon Scott, 30yrs old, born and raised in Hampton Roads Virginia, Married with 2 kids. Glad to be here!

I almost forgot to mention...I love Turkey hunting!! :smt007

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:28 am
2 Year Old

I'm Bill and live in King George VA, retired from the Navy after 21 years. Work as an instructor at the Navy base in Dahlgren. Been on here awhile as it is a pleasure reading the wealth of info posted, both good and not so good.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:18 am
Poult

I am Jeff, have lived in Augusta Co. VA. for 2 years, but I'm from Hanover Co., VA. I love to turkey hunt !

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:14 pm
Poult

I'm Devin from Fincastle, VA. Resident Physician in Emergency Medicine, and a Turkey Hunter for about 15 years!

Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 pm
Jake

Not really new here, just dont post much and realized i never introduced myself. My name is Chris, i live in powhatan and work in the hvac field at woodfin. Been turkey hunting for five years now and had a pretty good season this year. Still a lot of learning left to do though.

Thu May 21, 2015 11:52 am
Poult

Hi there. Name is Alec and I'm new to Turkey hunting (and hunting in general). Grew up in the Baltimore/DC metro area, so never touched a gun or bow until I was thirty something. I've enjoyed shooting and collecting firearms over the years and finally decided I'd try my luck in the turkey woods. Have read a few books and watched plenty of YouTube videos, but it's safe to say that I still don't know what I don't know! Spent a few days in the woods last spring without much success. Have been out scouting (the land that's available to me) recently - haven't seen many signs of turkey, but plenty of bear scat :shock:

Still looking forward to bagging my first bird and meeting some of the VATurkey members!

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:50 pm
Poult

My names Tony, I live in Northern Virginia, and do most of my turkey hunting on my lease in Nelson County. This season will be my fifth season turkey hunting, so I'm still very new and trying to learn as much as I can. With two turkeys under my belt I'm absolutely hooked. I look forward to being a member here and learning from you guys, and sharing my success!

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:21 pm
Longbeard

My name is Micah

Live in Powhatan, VA. which is central VA
Addicted to turkey hunting
Hunt spring and fall turkeys.
Hunt in Appomattox, Cumberland and Powhatan.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:18 pm
King of Spring

hookinembig wrote:
My name is Micah

Live in Powhatan, VA. which is central VA
Addicted to turkey hunting
Hunt spring and fall turkeys.
Hunt in Appomattox, Cumberland and Powhatan.

Welcome.. a bunch of us addicts around here.. I just moved to Powhatan last Summer.. This will be my first spring hunting down this way.. looking forward to it..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:31 am
King of Spring

I'm turkey721, been turkey hunting for 25+ years. Been away for a while, but back and waiting to see what happens this spring. Best of luck to all.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:51 pm
Poult

My name is Stu. 41 years old, Active Navy. Born in South Dakota, lived in Florida most of my adult life. been hunting since I was 12.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:41 am
Poult

My names Josh im 28 years old I live in central va and hunt in quite a few places around the state been turkey hunting since i was about 12 and its by far my favorite ive been addicted since day one and im pumped the seasons finally here

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:17 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next