View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Boss Gobbler

Post Re: WHO ARE YOU?
Welcome littleberry.darby and jake.

Congrats on your success L.D! You are right about the clique... but if she was looking for some companionship you must have fit her style. Single hens will frequently come to calling that like that. If it had been a whole flock they likely would have ignored you.

Jake... Fire away with those questions... I'm sure someone here has an answer!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

I am Chase Coffey from Buena Vista VA, located in Rockbridge county.

I have been hunting turkeys for about 13 Years and they plum tear me up!!! by far the best thing to hunt nothing like them. I remeber the first one i killed dont remember a year but it was with my uncle mike in the pouring down rain.

I am A career firefighter for the city of harrisonburg been in the paid fire service for 4 years. Been a volunteer for 8 years.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:18 pm
2 Year Old

Im Kurt stationed in Norfolk I have been turkey hunting for 12 years now. I am addicted to it there is nothing like turkey hunting. I hunt evreything else I can get a chance to hunt, mostly deer, turkey, and ruffed grouse. So far my best hunting memories are my first deer my turkey double with my dad and my 850lb dressed moose with a 50inch spread.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:38 pm
Jake

I'm Jonathan (Johnnie) Boggs. I don't live in VA, but hunt there with friends. I live in Burns, TN just west of Nashville and have being turkey hunting for 12 years and think about nothing else for about 1 month of the year.

I look at your website more often than I do TNTurkey.com because friends and family are members and I enjoy keeping up with the post.

Not going to make it to VA this spring, but hope to come up and do some muzzleloader hunting in the fall.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:28 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Jason here, 36 years old, live in Hagerstown, MD with my wife of ten plus years and two daughters, Ally and Amanda. Work for the federal govt, don't hold that against me please! Hunt trap fish, you name it, i probably chase it. WVU graduate, class of 1998. Played baseball in college for four years. Family and chasing critters with Turkey being the number one outdoor passion is what i'm all about. Love the site, thanks freddy.

Last edited by Bigmeat on Sat May 07, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:29 pm
Boss Gobbler

Welcome guys! Glad to have you all here! Hope you are having a great season!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

Wow! :shock: Lot's of new folks this year.

Welcome to Va Turkey everyone!

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

:smt006

Hello everyone! My name is Jim Basham , 36 yrs. old and reside in Roanoke, VA. Have been a turkey addict for about 20 yrs. Have been one of those long time lurkers so I figured I should stop "lurking" and go ahead and join. Great bunch of folks on this board.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:12 pm
Boss Gobbler

Welcome Jim!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

Welcome Jim!

Congrats on your gobbler! Just saw it on Mark's blog.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Jake

My name is Dan, I am a 37 yr old sales rep. My first true love is deer hunting but over the past few years turkey hunting has taken over that spot. Hope everyone is having a great season.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:34 pm
King of Spring

TScottW99 wrote:
Welcome Jim!

Congrats on your gobbler! Just saw it on Mark's blog.

Thank you, it's been a great season so far. I have 2 more shots to send in when I get a moment. One I killed in NC on 4/14 and my biggest gobbler I've ever killed in VA that I called in/killed this week. 23lbs., 1.5" hooks, 10.5" beard

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:41 pm
Boss Gobbler

Holy smokes that is a big bird!! Congrats!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

Dan... Glad we got you hooked up! :-)

Jim... that's a good urn!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Jake

My name is Jeff and I live just across the border in NC in the Oxford area. My primary job for the last 23 years is being a state trooper and I work at our training academy in Raleigh. I also work as an adjunct firearms instructor for http://www.tigerswan.com/. I have been turkey hunting for over 18 years and I really enjoy taking first time hunters to the woods for their first turkey hunt.

I found this site while researching turkey hunting opportunities in Va as I would like to expand my turkey hunting territory. I have been looking real hard at the state forests and WMA's but would really like to find a private parcel of land just to turkey hunt.

I think that about covers it for me.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:26 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next