View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:36 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Boss Gobbler

Post Re: WHO ARE YOU?
Welcome to all you new guys (or returning guys). Glad to have you around. Look forward to hearing your stories this spring!!

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

Hi all!

My name is Royce. I'm from the Richmond area but am now a Roanoke transplant (recently got my first full time job). Also brand new to the turkey scene, though I have caught the bug pretty hard!

So, to help a new guy out, you can drop me a line with good GPS coordinates. :smt003
Juuuust kidding. Good luck this season, everyone. Here's to hoping it warms up a LITTLE over the next couple weeks.

Best,
Royce

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:33 pm
2 Year Old

Squoose, good to meet you this morn. Glad to see u on here. Lots of good folks here with little bs. You can learn a lot on here and not be weary of asking questions. Freddy and company do a good job keeping it "Real". Good Luck this season!

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:02 pm
Poult

Hello everybody, my name is Jared and I live in Bedford County. I've been a lurker on this site for a while and finally got around to registering. I'm 31 and have been turkey hunting since I was 8 years old. I hunt just about everything that is legal here in VA but nothing really gets me going like spring gobbler hunting. I've got a daughter that is going on 3 years old and I am hoping to be taking her hunting with me in a few years. I am a licensed AOSE and "perk" land for a living, so if anybody on here needs any help with land planning let me know. Thanks.

Jared

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:49 pm
Longbeard

Sharp: It was great meeting you, too. Its good to be in good and knowledgeable company, for sure. Good luck to you as well! Here's to makin' 'em flop!

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:46 pm
2 Year Old

Hey guys. Im new to the board. I live in Shenandoah County. Im Blessed with a great wife and two beautiful kids. Love hunting and fishin and talking about it. Love turkey hunting. They have been fired up around here. My 10 year old killed a real nice Tom last saturday. 9 1/4 inch beard, 1 inch spurs and 20lbs. It as a great day. Looking forward to some good conversations!

Last edited by VaMountainMan on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 pm
Boss Gobbler

Welcome to the new guys! And VAMountainMan... Congrats to you and your son on the bird!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Jake

Names Justin. 32 years old with a wife and a son and another on the way. Live in hagerstown, md (sad to say that anymore). have killed and or caught most everything that the mid atlantic region has to offer, but the one critter that infuriates me, humbles me, and excites me more than anything is a wild turkey, really excites me when they're dead ;) . in all seriousness, i love to hunt everything, trap, pick morels, and i love my guns and freedom. Been lurking on VAturkey for years and finally decided to get in on the fun, Thanks Freddy for the opportunity to speak with the most amazing group of turkey hunters in the world.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:23 am
2 Year Old

I'm Devin. I'm 23 years old. I grew up in Bath County, Va. I live, work, and go to technical trades school in Harrisonburg, Va. I'm a apprentice in HVAC. I go home to the mountains pretty much every weekend to hunt what ever is in season, fish, coon hunt my Blueticks, hang out with friends, and see my family. I hunt western Virginia mainly Bath, Highland, and Alleghany counties. I also hunt Eastern Kentucky about 5-7 days every spring. Spring Gobbler season is my passion and what I live for. There is nothing else like the spring gobbler woods. My dad started me gobbler hunting when I was five years old and I fell in love with sport. There's nothing else I'd rather do.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 pm
Poult

I am Cory Spiker, I currently live in Staunton VA. Grew up on a farm in Shenandoah County. While hunting with my dad, I killed my first longbeard 13 years ago when I was 13 years old. The next year I was able to call in and take my first long beard on my own. I have been fortunate to harvest at least one longbeard every year except one since then. I primarily hunt mountain turkeys and have harvested turkeys on both private and public land. I personally think it doesn't get any better than spring gobbler season.

I am also an avid deer and waterfowl hunter. I haven't been waterfowl hunting as long as I didnt start going until I was in school at Virginia Tech. My friend who got my into waterfowl hunting is now making custom accrylic goose calls in his basement. The name of his calls are Freakshow Custom Calls, check the calls out on facebook. Glad to join this site!!! The Photo attached is from opering morning this year. My bird is on the left 17 lbs. 11 1/2 inch beard and inch spurs taken on private land. The other bird was harvested by a friend on national forest, both birds were on the ground before 7 am.

Attachments:
Opening Day.jpg
Opening Day.jpg [ 117.31 KiB | Viewed 140626 times ]
Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:02 pm
Poult

Hello, i live in cental va near c-ville, and i turkey hunt too much. i havent done it for very long. so i have a lot of questions for all the experts on the forum. i fish a lot.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:22 pm
King of Spring

Congrats on the birds, and welcome. Forestchump, you may have the best name on any outdoor site!

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 pm
Poult

“Shorth is better than length.”
APA Archery, Gold Tip, Hamskea, AXT, Stokerized, Bowstix ProStaff
[url]WindedBowhunter.com[/url]

Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Welcome over windedbowhunter

Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm
Poult

Justin Garbee 24years old- I am a contactor sales associate for Taylor Brothers here in Lynchburg. I was introduced to hunting and fishing by my Grandfather & Uncle, and have been hunting since I was about 8. I Killed my first spring gobbler when I was 12.. and you all know the story..HOOKED EVER SINCE !! :D

I have a wonderful girlfriend Kristie that has became my new favorite hunting buddy. This was her first spring gobbler season, and we both have been lucky enough to harvest two nice birds each (she is hooked now too 8) . I am new to the forum, so as soon as I figure out how to post some pictures we will attach w/ story.

I am soooo glad I found this website!-- I have a feeling it will help get me through the painstaking months of the off-season. Thanks so much and happy hunting to all!

Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next