View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Boss Gobbler

Post Re: WHO ARE YOU?
Welcome to Va Turkey Jeff! Nice to have another turkey hunter and Glock fan on board :smt003

Virginia has a lot of hunting in the south west part of the state. Plenty of national forest for a person to get lost in. :D

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Jake

TScottW99 wrote:
Welcome to Va Turkey Jeff! Nice to have another turkey hunter and Glock fan on board :smt003

Virginia has a lot of hunting in the south west part of the state. Plenty of national forest for a person to get lost in. :D

Thanks for the welcome. It sounds like you have some experience being disoriented in a national forest. :wink:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:53 pm
Jake

Hi everyone,

My Name is perry and I will turn 40 next January!
Born and raised in Newfoundland,Canada.I now live in Ontario,Canada!
Married with 3 daughters,including 4 year old twins.
I have hunted moose in Newfoundland and snared many Rabbits in Newfoundland.
Now that I have been in Ontario for 15 years I hunt turkeys,black bear,Whitetails!
Never been hunting moose in Ontario yet...but maybe this year!
Im also a lover of ice fishing!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:44 pm
Poult

Hello everyone,
My name is Erik, I'm 31 and live in Manassas. I'm pumped that I found these boards and I look forward to learn from everyone.

Happy hunting
Erik

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 am
Boss Gobbler

Welcome Erik! Glad you found us!

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

Hi all, My name is Geoff. I am a father of 3 children, 8 y/o boy, 7 y/o girl, 2 y/o girl. I am a Soldier currently stationed at Quantico Marine Corps base for a year and am enjoying my time with the Marines. I will be leaving this summer and moving the family to Fort Lewis Washington.

I started Turkey Hunting three years ago when a former boss showed me around a bit. I killed a bird that year with his help and one each the last two years on my own. I believe most of it was luck last year :-). I learn a bit each year and am really enjoying the sport. Looking forward to getting my son started also!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:29 pm
King of Spring

Welcome Geoff! Thank you for serving our country!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 pm
Poult

Thanks!! and thanks for your support. I am looking forward to contributing to the forum!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:36 pm
Boss Gobbler

Welcome Geoff! And Ditto what Whoas said! Thank you!

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Poult

My name is Drew. I live in staunton Va. I hunt with Otto. He's a wirehaired pointing griffon. I hunt in augusta and rockbridge counties. I've really enjoyed going through the forum. Great looking dogs! Good luck this spring and, come on fall.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Poult

Hi All,

My name is Jason. I'm 29, from Suffolk, but my family is from Westmoreland and Northumberland, and I spent my youth learning to hunt there. I am currently exiled to Galveston, TX, training to be a merchant marine officer. I will be missing VA turkey season for the next 3 years; I enjoy reading these forums as it may be the closest I get to a gobbler in the next few years. :( Thanks for having me!

Jason

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 pm
King of Spring

NorthernNeck wrote:
Hi All,

My name is Jason. I'm 29, from Suffolk, but my family is from Westmoreland and Northumberland, and I spent my youth learning to hunt there. I am currently exiled to Galveston, TX, training to be a merchant marine officer. I will be missing VA turkey season for the next 3 years; I enjoy reading these forums as it may be the closest I get to a gobbler in the next few years. :( Thanks for having me!

Jason

Dude you are in TX .. you need to find somewhere to hunt out there.. some of the best turkey hunting in the country .. if you are stationed on a base they may allow hunting for active Duty .. thanks for your service .. and welcome ..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:05 am
Poult

Working on it! Between school and training I don't have a lot of time to hunt. In fact, I said I wouldn't hunt during my time down here simply because I get so wrapped up in hunting that I lose focus on other things. But, I do hope to hunt the Rio's sometime while I'm down here. I will have to try and see if hunting allowed on any of the bases nearby. Mostly Army bases but maybe they'll let a Navy guy have some fun. We'll see.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 pm
Poult

My name is Eric Miker, I live in Christiansburg VA where I moved to join the band DecembeRadio. We have toured nationally for 6 years been nominated for a grammy yada yada... my passion is bow hunting turkeys ! I have been fortunate enough to move my passion to the pursuit channel this year with the show Gone Wild Outdoors. http://www.pursuitchannel.com/ShowDetai ... viousshows Click on this link to watch a show we filmed partially in SWVA and shows me taking a gobbler at 5 steps with my Hoyt. The episode was called from snow to sun. I just had my first little girl and miss her like crazy when im on the road with music or hunting. Feel free to look me up on facebook and add me..God Bless!

Eric Miker

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:02 am
Poult

Hey everybody, my name is Trey and I live in Big Stone Gap, which is in Wise County. I am 22 years old and about to finish up my Civil Engineering degree this December. When Im not in school or at work Im in the woods either hunting, fishing, or trapping. My favorite type of hunting is turkey hunting of course. I also like to do taxidermy on the side and am going to try to do my first turkey this year if I can put one on the ground.
Good luck this season and thanks for having me here!!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:52 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next