View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
King of Spring

Post WHO ARE YOU?
We haven't done this for a while, and I see that there are a lot of new members on the board these days. How about everyone posting a note that says who we are, what you do, how long Turkey Hunting, etc. Just nice to to get a feel for who's out there. I'll start it off. Maybe one of the boss gobblers can make it a sticky for us.

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:41 pm
King of Spring

I am Ron Dezern and I live in Hampton, VA.
I have three grown children 43, 41, & 39, and 7 grand children 25, 23,,17, 10, 9 ,8, 8 and 1.
I am a retired Telephone Technician.
I have been Turkey hunting for a twentyish years, and with Freddy's help took my first bird Spring 2004.
My bird was a healthy one weighing 21 1/2 lbs, 9 3/4" beard, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Spurs.

Thought I should update this. Get things a little more current. :smt006

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Last edited by FlatLand Gobbler on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:46 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

I ' m Gobblenow aka GN. Been around a while. Hunt a little. I won a longest snood contest here on this board at one time. I live in East Tennessee.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:03 pm
King of Spring

I have been lurking here for a few years now old ID was knight_va. I live in Augusta Co VA. I am very happily married to a loving and supportive wife (Stacey). I am Co-Host for Just Kill'n time TV, and my wife and I own and operate the Greater Virginia Sports Show in Harrisonburg VA, and VA Hunt Fest Sports Show in Roanoke VA. I LOVE anything about hunting or related to it and guns!

Max

Last edited by Max on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

Name is Scott Hopson and I live in Greeneville, Tennessee. I work for John Deere where all the L-100 riding mowers are built. I have one son, Michael, who is as addicted to turkey as I am. I am 45 and have been turkey hunting since I was about 30.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:51 pm
2 Year Old

i live in kingsport tn,but hunt in scott co va.im 42 years old,work as a utility operator at eastman chemical.been spring turkey hunting now about 12 years i guess.is it april yet??

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:04 pm
Profile YIM
Post who I am
Well I'm a senior at fort defiance high school in Augusta Co. VA. My names John P., i love to hunt the long beard, i called in alot more than i've killed :lol: , I've been Turkey Huntin since age 11 when i killed my first gobbler. i've been addicted ever since. i plan to hunt as long as lord willin.
keep huntin
John P

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:22 pm
name is chuck,i live in chesterfield va. im 34 years old
i have two children, a son(10) and daughter(7) i enjoy teaching them every thing i can about the outdoors
ive turkey hunted seriously for about seven or eight years,but i enjoy the pursuit of just about any critter.
i work for a local car dealer in the parts dept.and would love to retire early but the wife wont let me :roll: claims we need the money.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:25 pm
Boss Gobbler

Hi... my name is Freddy and I am a turkey hunting addict! :D

I live in Bedford County, VA. I have a lovely wife (VA Hen) and a beautiful 8.5 month old daughter (VA Poult). I think this will be my 19th spring out there. I'm an IT guy (Computer Nerd). I let GN call in big gobblers for me. Oh, I run this site to help with mine, and many others, addiction.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

My name is Jerry, I am a driver trainer with a southeastern company.
I've lived in Alleghany Co. all my life fifty three years. I killed my 1st gobbler in 1973 I've taken several more since then. I collect and make turkey calls, the calls I make are turtle shell slate. I was a fishing guide for about twelve years. If you would like to see a pix of old Struttinbird look in the Feb. issue of Va. Game& Fish magazine pg. 22.
Keep em Gobblin!
Struttinbird

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:54 pm
Been living in E Tn. for 45yrs. Really a native of Va. Lived with grandparents up a holler just below the old" Sis Campbell" place. Now known as Wintergreen Ski Resort. Had the hunt in me for 59 years now.
GS...

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:57 pm
Longbeard

My name is Ron, i live in Knoxville, TN. married with a 17 year old son and a 13 year old daughter. I work as a network engineer for a software company.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:23 am
Boss Gobbler

My name is Scott and I'm in the process of moving to Christiansburg from Roanoke county. I have been working in the law enforcement profession since leaving the Navy in 97 after 8 years of service.

I have been hunting since I was a kid, but didn't really catch the turkey bug until 10 years ago. I killed my first turkey in 95 while home on leave.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:02 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I'm a Christian man who sometimes falls short of Gods glory, but I keep trying.
I married my wife Teresa in 1987, started dating in high school my Jr. year in 1980. :)
We have two great kids , Katie is 18, Graduating this and headed to Longwood University this Fall. and Zach is now 14 and already a huntoholic.
My daddy started me on this hunting thing in 1969, mostly Deer and small game.
I been hunting this bird called turkey for about 10 years and have some success. 5 birds , My first was a nice one. 18.5lbs-11-1/4 beard- spurs over an 1-1/4.
I found this board about 4 or 5 yrs ago. I check in daily. Great work Freddy!!
I'm a Chief Fire Inspector/Fire Fighter for the U.S.Gov., been with the Gov. for 22yrs.
I plan to retire in a few years...move over Freddy we're coming your way :lol: :) :lol:

Last edited by vabirdhunter on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:10 am
Longbeard

my name is reed...im 23 years old....I live in Campbell county.....i work for a Nuclear Power company and i am also a Volunteer Firefighter.....I have been hunting thanks to my Dad and Grandaddy since i was about 4.....thanks Dad and Grandaddy....they tought me everything they know......Killed my first Spring Gobbler at 16.....been and addict ever since....I TURKEY,deer, qual, duck, dove, squirrel, goose, raccoon, groundhog, grouse, and bear hunt.......yeah i think i covered them all...if i missed any im sure i hunt it too...I love being outdoors anywhere......Ive always been a gun hunter and always will be but this year i bought a bow and am going to give it a try this coming deer season.......well thats enough about me........come on Spring

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:37 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next