View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
King of Spring

Post Re: WHO ARE YOU?
Hello all, and a special thanks to Freddy for fixing my password since I lost my original one. Paul Klima here, from the Western New York area. Been into spring turkey hunting for over 25 years now. I also like to do woodworking as well. Some of the gang will probably remember my work that I donated to the summer bash years ago. Long story short, I recently joined the ranks of the "retires" now, so I have more time to spend doing the things that I love. Glad to be back!!

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:38 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

good to hear from you Paul, and welcome back

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:54 am
King of Spring

Been a long time since I have seen you on here.. welcome back..

Now if we can get Peacemaker and Max to show back .. it would be like the old days.. :)

Take me Home Country Roads.

Thu May 05, 2016 9:37 am
Boss Gobbler

Welcome back!! :mrgreen: it's been too long!

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Mon May 23, 2016 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Poult

I'm Karl. I'm 32, married, no kids, in the Air Force for over 14 years now. I've been hunting turkeys for 5 years. Got started when I was in Oklahoma, moved to northern Virginia about a year and half ago. I've done well on Rios in Oklahoma, but these Easterns have been giving me a tough time! Looking forward to April to break my two turkeyless years!

Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:54 pm
King of Spring

Hello and welcome Karl and thank you for your service. Where are you hunting at now? Also what city/town do you live.? That way someone could direct you better to some hunting areas. There are a couple folks I know work at the Pentagon and live up around there and come down and hunt Quantico. All active duty military have first preference there come checkout time.

Earl

Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:58 am
Poult

I live in Burke and have been wanting to check out Quantico but just havet yet, wasn't quite sure where to start there. Last year I hunted Mattaponi. I missed a bird there because I'm an idiot and peeked off the stock(20 yds not much room for error) and had a jake get close, but passed him hoping for a long beard. I worked a couple other birds briefly but I think the real hens beat me to them. I've mostly just had a learning curve since these Easterns don't gobble anywhere near as much as the Rios in Oklahoma do. I'm certainly open to any pointers though!

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:39 pm
Poult

Hi everyone,

My name is Anthony, I live in Chesapeake near Cavalier WMA and active duty Coast Guard. I recently got back into hunting after doing some bird hunting growing up. Recently got a bow and have been practicing this off season up at Cavalier in the fields so if you see me out there say hello. I am looking to meet more people here in the 757 to hunt with and looking to film my hunts this spring/fall of 2017. If your in Chesapeake let me know, i've been scouting Cavalier a lot as its my only spot down here but i am open to anywhere.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:43 pm
King of Spring

Kwgoke wrote:
I live in Burke and have been wanting to check out Quantico but just havet yet, wasn't quite sure where to start there. Last year I hunted Mattaponi. I missed a bird there because I'm an idiot and peeked off the stock(20 yds not much room for error) and had a jake get close, but passed him hoping for a long beard. I worked a couple other birds briefly but I think the real hens beat me to them. I've mostly just had a learning curve since these Easterns don't gobble anywhere near as much as the Rios in Oklahoma do. I'm certainly open to any pointers though!

Typically less is more when it comes to Easterns .. start soft and work your way up to more aggressive calling depending on how the bird responds.. also consider putting a scope or red dot on your gun if you have issues forgetting to get your cheek on the stock.. sometimes in the heat of the moment it's hard to remember and a scope eliminates that issue..

I hunted the Packsaddle WMA last spring in OK .. had some pretty good luck there.. Thanks you for your service..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:26 am
Poult

WVBOY wrote:
Kwgoke wrote:

Typically less is more when it comes to Easterns .. start soft and work your way up to more aggressive calling depending on how the bird responds.. also consider putting a scope or red dot on your gun if you have issues forgetting to get your cheek on the stock.. sometimes in the heat of the moment it's hard to remember and a scope eliminates that issue..

I hunted the Packsaddle WMA last spring in OK .. had some pretty good luck there.. Thanks you for your service..

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it this year. I'm not normally a "peeker", but I bought a new 835 this year and topped it with a FFIII, so that shouldn't be an issue again. I used to hunt more toward the center of Oklahoma, but I've heard good things from friends who have tried it out there.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:09 pm
Poult

Name is Brian. Grew up in a family that hunted, and just followed right in their footsteps over 40 years ago. Started out small game hunting and progressed from there. I work in the outdoor industry and enjoy hunting mostly on our family farm in Louisa county. Started turkey hunting only a few years ago, and can say its one of the Lords true blessings to be out on a spring morning chasing long beards. To me turkey hunting is one the purest forms of hunting I've ever experienced. Good luck and great hunting to all this season!

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:54 pm
Poult

My name is Wesley I'm 29 years old. I live in the Shenandoah Valley (Page County). Grew up hunting mostly deer as a kid and then was turned on to turkey hunting in my teen years ever since been hooked on it.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:01 am
Poult

Some of my hunting buddies call me Rooster, I am a 48 year old contractor in Culpeper county , Va. I killed my 50th gobbled last year, I'm self taught and have not ever had anyone call a bird in for me, but have called in 20+ for others to kill. I hunt a handful of lease properties where other members are hunting the same birds , so my success comes from being persistent while trying not to overhunt our properties.

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:59 pm
Poult

Hi my names Beaker and I have an addiction. Primarily only hunt public land but wont turn down a wack at any private land birds. I'll drive all over the state but primarily i'm central va hunting amelia, chesterfield, the widdle, powhatan, buckingham, etc.

I got into hunting probably about 11 years ago now. Self taught all around, so it's taken me a while to learn some of the ways of the game but I've earned it all. I love taking new turkey hunters and getting them excited about it.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Poult

My name is Zeb im A young man [under 15] i have been turkey hunting for 3 years. i live near Farmville va. I havent killed one yet but ive called them in by myself. I have gotten a shot though

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next