View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 am

PA, last day 
King of Spring

Post PA, last day
Day 3 finds us setup on the small glen from day 2. Daybreak comes and we here a loan bird a ways out. He gets closer but again, won't come in. He moves off and we decide to move closer on a parallel course. We set up where my friend shot a jake, the day before. We're cold call, nothing. So we decide to slowly work our way back towards the middle of the farm and boom, a bird gobbles about 100 yds out. I move to a clump of trees to cover my profile. My bud sets up just off the trail next to a small tree. I'm working the bird and it sounds closer. Sure enough my friend says He's coming. I a few minutes I see his head bobbing back and forth. He gets to a log on the path and is about to cross when he starts to alarm putt, oh know. I try to turn him, no dice. I would of taken the shot with my gun, but not with a 2.75 shell with a modified choke. That's the last we see that bird, and he looked like a dandy. He must of spotted me or my friend and changed direction. Bummer.
End of a fun few days, back to MD for me.
V

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Sun May 28, 2023 10:41 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: PA, last day
PA was rough this year. First 6 days it rained with highs in mid 40’s. Wind chills in mid 30’s, even a couple flurries.

But worst year as far as hunter interference and all on private land. Still good action. Ended up with one, maybe should
:D :D
have been 2 but forgot to load the old side by side once.

Earl

Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:35 am
King of Spring

Post Re: PA, last day
The old forgot to load the gun thing. Hate when that happens. Glad you scored.
V

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:54 pm