View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:15 am

Cool Research 
Boss Gobbler

Post Cool Research
On another post several have been talking about predation etc. With technology the research is getting pretty cool. So about 20 years ago I thought about having a device for a hunter that could put in the woods to monitor gobbling. Of course it was not gonna happen for anything we could afford. Check out this research they are doing in Kentucky using a Audible or Sound Listening device. They are about a grand so not anything you will have for yourself but pretty neat stuff happening.

Good 25 minute watch or listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQYdkhRBF9c

Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:13 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Post Re: Cool Research
Good stuff. I have visited with the KY biologist Zac Danks some. He is really on the ball and trying to get KY turkey populations managed as well as possible.

The study described in the video is the same approach done in several other southern states already. Can’t have too much good biology info in our wild turkey flocks IMO.

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:30 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: Cool Research
That is a great tool for research. Trying to get Quantico to invest in it. Don't think that will happen thouEarl

Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:24 pm