View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:54 am

Poults this year 
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Post Poults this year
So far I’ve seen some good groups of poults locally and have heard of some young birds in Va Ky and Fla so I guess there is hope. Last summer I really didn’t see the young birds much until late July and August and I saw quite a few then. Hope some of you are seeing some ?

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:05 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: Poults this year
I haven't seen any but haven't been in Turkey areas. Hope you're right.
V

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:44 pm
King of Spring

Have heard some good reports and pics. We have definitely had favorable weather imo.

Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:55 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Not seeing the numbers of poults I saw last year. But still seeing some young ones. Some this week we’re not a week old. Some are almost grown.

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:28 am
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Was hopeing I would see more poults on in to august but have not seen many real young ones. Have seen some groups of 5-8 that I think are this years early hatch. But they are close to brown size in the hen groups.

- Archibald Rutledge

Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:10 am
King of Spring

Finished the July/August survey for Quantico.

1.8 Hen/poult ratio.

Talked with Katie Martin heading up the State survey 2 weeks ago. She said not looking to good so far.

Earl

Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:42 am
Longbeard

Saw my first turkeys since spring season ended yesterday. 11 turkeys together that were grown to the point that I could not tell the hens from the poults. I turned the car around and made another slow pass but could not tell any difference size wise at about 125 yards.

Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:58 pm
King of Spring

Was in NE PA and saw 6 points with 4 or 5 hens. Saw a different group of 15 to 20, couldn't tell if any were points. Had 5 LB walk through the yard too. Not bad.
V

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:29 pm