View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:39 am

Patch’s # 2 and 3 Bird 
King of Spring

Post Patch’s # 2 and 3 Bird
Another beautiful October day. Went out with a gentleman that is a quiet but outstanding turkey hunter. Parked the vehicle and hit the woods with Patch. About 1/4 mile in Patch got into them. We seen about 5-6 birds flying but Patch continued to chase. 10 minutes later Patch came back. Back to the truck we went and got our lunch and lounge chairs. On the way back in before getting to the break site we heard birds talking. I seen a good looking set up spot about another 40 yards from us. I said we got to try for that as we were not in a good set up where we were. Well luck was on our side as birds still talking as we got set up. My partner began calling and it lite up with turkey talk all around us. I gave a couple kee kee calls on the trumpet and had a couple Jakes respond only about 60/70 yards out. My partner still calling and 2 minutes later 4 Jakes come walking in. They were coming in from my right and would angle down in front of me. Rich was 20 yards to my left so my plan (we all know how plans work out) was to let them walk down around in front of me and let Rich get a shot. So as the first 3 went by they decided to turn right and go around a blow down that would prevent Rich from getting a shot. So I took the last jake in line at 15 yards. We both remained motionless and continued to call. Birds were still responding and 5 minutes later another bird came in and Rich took that one, another jake.

Earl

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:04 am
King of Spring

Post Re: Patch’s # 2 and 3 Bird
Very cool, congrats!
V

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:51 am