View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 pm

Using a Vortex Venom or Viper or similar sight on an EDC 
Poult

Post Using a Vortex Venom or Viper or similar sight on an EDC
Hi, My eyes are going and I can still hit the bullseye at 10 yds but I can't react to movement due to my bad eyes. I also can't wear my shooting glasses all day for my EDC because I really want to see distance. I have held a 1911 with a reflex sight (not venom or viper but similar) and I liked it. I could aim fast from a draw to aim and fire. I didn't seem to have an issue with acquiring the target, or changing targets to follow movements. But I was told my my armorer that I would not like it. He could not explain why, but he would mount it and remove it when I wanted to go back.
My EDC which I carry anytime I leave the house, is a Colt Combat Commander 45acp https://tacticsfaq.com/vortex-venom-vs-trijicon-rmr/ . It is big and heavy and it feels great. I am big and it conceals under my fat very well. I wear it at about 4 o'clock in an IWB and unless I bend over, it stays concealed. My concerns are two fold: 1. How well do these sights hold up to EDC. 2. How much would this compromise my concealment? I have measured and they will fit well and not go over the width of the slide, and I have found an appropriate mounting plate and I have talked to Crossbreed holsters and they said they have a SuperTuck that will mate with proposed configuration. (a side note: I love the crossbreed super tuck). I have used it for a long time.
So are there any conceal carry people out there that uses a reflex sight for their EDC and if so, is it concealable and rugged enough for EDC.
Thanks so much

Fri May 17, 2019 3:41 am