View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

Cheap shootin’ stix 
King of Spring

Post Cheap shootin’ stix
Thought someone might benefit from this idea.

Saturday night I was getting stuff together for a Sunday morning hunt out of a blind. I realized I did not have anything to rest my gun on while waiting for a shot so scrambled around the garage and came up with this. I had only hunted from a blind once before w/ WVBoy years agoso never had a need for a gunrest.

It worked great! I am planning on making a holder to attach to the left side of the T so I can video any future hunts. Figure the video will be better than a camera on the gun since it won’t jump w recoil.

The 2” x 2” tree stake was cut to height to clear blind and the cross piece attached. I threw in two small decking screw to hold the horizontal to the vertical piece. It has a tapered point so it sticks in the ground easily.
Not bad for a last minute fix. And if anybody finds the blind and decides to steal my stuff it was less than $2 at Southern States.
Mother of necessity

Attachments:
647D6E3F-8FFE-4CBE-9E71-11EFAD106FD0.jpeg
647D6E3F-8FFE-4CBE-9E71-11EFAD106FD0.jpeg [ 125.07 KiB | Viewed 5625 times ]

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:44 pm