View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

tacticam question 
Jake

Post tacticam question
Good luck everyone in 2018. I have a question for the board. I am looking for a way to video document hunts and wondered if anyone has tried the Tacticam version 1, 2, 3 or 4? They look pretty good and I have seen a youtube post from Michael Waddell using a tacticam and it looked pretty good, however I wanted to see if any of you have any feedback on it. I really hate to spend $300+ and find out it looks like it was filmed through a fishbowl.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:55 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: tacticam question
I have the 3.0 model and i personally love it. I got 2 turkey kills on it last spring that turned out very nice. The sound quality is great and the picture is very nice for what it is. Full disclosure, i did have a few hiccups with mine freezing up where i had to remove the battery and put it back in for it to do anything a few times. I contacted them and they told me to do a software upgrade which i did and have done a few times. They were helpful when contacted. It's obviously not a high dollar TV worthy camera but for 300 i think it's well worth it. The 4 and 5 come with many more bells and whistles and hopefully don't need the software upgrade like mine did. The freezing up thing hasn't happened in a while now so hopefully the upgrades fixed it. It froze up and cost me a field turkey kill last year. One day i plan to try and upload a few videos from it to youtube for all to enjoy. I used mine just this morning, starting and stopping it multiple times without issue. I have the shotgun mount which also mounts to a scope or anything round in shape. I captured a rifle deer kill last fall using it that way. 80 yard shot in hardwoods and it was clear as a bell. I'd venture to say it's the easiest way to capture hunts without carrying a full on camera around in the woods.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:26 pm
Jake

Post Re: tacticam question
Thanks so much for the info. That is what I was looking for.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:41 pm