View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:02 am

Where to hunt turkey around lynchburg? 
Poult

Post Where to hunt turkey around lynchburg?
Hello all,
I'm new to the site and was looking to get into some turkey hunting this spring with my bow! I got a turkey last year during the fall season luckily while deer hunting and am looking to fill the tags this spring. Anyway I have a new baby and cant really make trips to scout the national forest. I was hoping to find somewhere to hunt closer to the lynchburg area. I was wondering if there are any resources to find places or opportunities to do some turkey hunting this spring, thanks in advance for the info!
I am not looking for any honey holes or anything like that, just trying to find opportunities.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:06 pm
Poult

Post Re: Where to hunt turkey around lynchburg?
I can't be specific as I only hunt one farm and have no need to look elsewhere, but anywhere around Lynchburg has turkeys. There are even birds right in town along the bike path (no hunting)! Being a bow hunter it will be easier for you to obtain permission from local landowners but will require you to do some scouting. I'd suggest you look for likely areas around Evington, Rte 43 between Altavista and Bedford, north up River Rd toward Amherst, and between Bedford and Big Island.

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 am
Poult

Post Re: Where to hunt turkey around lynchburg?
Thanks, Ill have to start knocking on some doors around

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:17 pm