View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:29 pm

Sunday hunting push hits dead end in House subcommittee 
Longbeard

Post Re: Sunday hunting push hits dead end in House subcommittee
hawglips wrote:
jaybird wrote:
...I would hope they were writing about regulations and restrictions if hunting were to make a negitve impact on the game population not what days you may exercise your right to hunt. I own the property that I do most of my hunting and if I wish to hunt on Sunday, I feel I should be able to do so. This whole subject is very similar to the rifle hunters not wanting the muzzelloading seasons or the bowhunters not wanting crossbows. If you do not want people to hunt on your land on Sunday that is your right as the landowner, but if you lease your hunting rights, you may find hunters looking for other options and not enjoy the revenue generated. If you are being generous and are just granting permission; I have no problem abiding by the landowner's wishes.

Should you be able to hunt turkeys on your land in the afternoons if you wish to? Is there more negative impact by hunting in the afternoon than by hunting on Sunday? What about hunting on the Friday before the 2nd Saturday of April?

You can hunt in the afternoon in the month of May, and I do so. You cannot hunt in the afternoon the first month as to not disturb the hens nesting, which is a completely logical reason. As for hunting the Friday before the second Saturday, no, the season is not open but you can bet if it were I would be hunting. I am saying the VDGIF should be the ones deciding what is best for the game population and not some House or Senate Committee in Richmond that are clueless and are trying to score some PC points. I can see we will have to agree to disagree on this topic as I haven't changed your opinion and you will not be able to change my opinion.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 pm
King of Spring

jaybird wrote:
I can see we will have to agree to disagree on this topic as I haven't changed your opinion and you will not be able to change my opinion.

My only opinion is that I think we hunters tend to rub some folks the wrong way on this topic, and ought to be careful claiming a right to Sunday hunting.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

SB464 to be heard tomorrow in Richmond by sub-commitee ..

This is from an email I got.. I cut out most of the opinions.. just posting the facts..

SUNDAY HUNTING BILL TO BE HEARD TOMORROW

All,

In a last minute announcement, Subcommittee Chairman Lee Ware announced a special meeting of the Natural Rerources Subcommittee tomorrow morning. The only bill being heard is SB 464 - the Sunday Hunting bill.

The hearing will be held at the General Assembly Building on the corner of 9th and Broad streets in Richmond. Directions are at the bottom of the email.

Members..

Delegate Tony Wilt (R-26)
804-698-1026
deltwilt@house.virginia.gov

Delegate Matt Fariss (R-59)
804-698-1059
delmfariss@house.virginia.gov

Delegate Lee Ware (R-65)
804-698-1065
dellware@house.virginia.gov

Delegate James Edmunds (R-60)
804-698-1060
deljedmunds@virgina.gov

Delegate Lynwood Lewis (D-100)
804-698-1000
delllewis@house.virginia.gov

Delegate Ken Plum (D-36)
804-698-1036
delkplum@house.virginia.gov

Delegate Tommy Wright (R-61)
804-698-1061
deltwright@house.virginia.gov

Directions:

DIRECTIONS:
The General Assembly Building (GAB) is on the corner of 9th and Broad Street in downtown Richmond.
Directions from the North
• Take I-95 South
• Take 3rd Street exit and cross Broad Street
• Turn left onto Franklin Street and follow until it dead-ends
• Turn left onto 9th Street
Directions from the South
• Take I-95 North
• Take I-195, Downtown Expressway
• Take Canal Street/9th Street exit
• Turn right onto 9th Street
Directions from the East
• Take I-64 West
• Take 5th Street exit and cross Broad Street
• Turn left onto Franklin Street and follow until it dead-ends
Directions from the West
• Take I-64 East
• Take I-195, Downtown Expressway, through toll booth
• Take 7th/9th Street exit and go straight

House Room C is on the first floor of the General Assembly Building. When you enter through security, go right. House Room C will be in front of you on the side of the building facing Broad Street. We will have people with stickers to greet you.

PARKING: There are four free general public spaces (1 hour) on the north side of Bank Street, between 9th and 10th Streets. A limited number of metered public parking spaces (2 hours) are located on the west side of 10th Street, between Main and Bank Streets, on Bank Street, between Governor and 14th Streets, on the south side of Main Street, between 9th and 12th Streets and on 12th Street between Main and Bank Streets and on Franklin Street. Pay parking lots and decks are nearby on 8th and Grace Street and 7th and Marshall Streets. Downloadable maps of nearby parking lots and decks are available, as well as rates for these areas.

Take me Home Country Roads.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02 am
King of Spring

It got tabled ..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 pm