View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:03 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Turkey Hunting and Rifles what do you think?? 
I m not vahunter...have no clue who he is...but since everyone who condemns rifle hunting once to put out triple digit numbers as to how far us "outlaws" as u like to imply, shoot them i just figured id set the record straight as for myself!!! And i just guess they are bad shots...and they should be using a shotgun to help them close the deal, who knows!!!

Barry...would be more than glad to tell you, give you there cell numbers, etc. but kinda take the remark u left a lil negative...so i think i ll pass!!!!

Tue May 02, 2006 10:05 pm
Longbeard

elk addict.......im with WVBOY. I know 3 guys that are close friends of mine that turkey hunt with rifles. i just like WVBOY politley decline to hunt with them. Is it legal to hunt with a rifle? YES.....Do i choose to? NO.....As a matter of fact i have a freind that called me this afternoon and he shot one with the 22 mag. and cant find it. Turkey was shot at 60 yards he said, and i know he can shoot because hes a fire arms instructor. I have hunted almost every day of turkey season so far and have yet to have one CLOSE enough (40 yards or less) for me to take a ethical shot. So as of right now i am sitting on 3 unfilled turkey tags. Now that said....if i hunted with a rifle i could have filled all 3 tags because at least 3 birds ive called in have hung up at 50 yards or so. Just killing a turkey isnt what it about for me. Being in nature and calling a turkey CLOSE enough where you can hear him breath is what its about for me! Now that said i dont thank any less of someone because they hunt with a rifle. I just LIKE THEM CLOSE! No hard feelings.....good luck and hunt safe :D

Wed May 03, 2006 2:07 am
King of Spring

Post turkey hunting and rifles, what do you think?
Elk addict,
Yes I made one remark that MAY have been a "lil negative" as you put it.
I also made ammends for that remark a few posts back.

As my Daddy used to say "The more you stir it, the worse it stinks."
I'll leave it at that.

Best of luck to ya,

barry

Wed May 03, 2006 12:29 pm
Boss Gobbler

As usual this subject matter goes downhill fast...

This thread has been locked...

Wed May 03, 2006 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3