View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:46 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
King of Spring

Post Re: WHO ARE YOU?
Welcome Don

You live in some beautiful country. I fish the Jackson River (Hidden Valley) alot. Lots of game in your neck of the woods.

Good Luck
GOBLN2 :smt006

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:44 am
Longbeard

I am Ricky!!

I became a member of this board a long time ago.. probably about 4 or 5 years ago now... and its been awhile since i have been actively involved!! so just to reaquaint ( sorry bout the spelling ) myself ...

I am 27 years old going on 28 in a few days! I am an avid deer/turkey hunter! I LOVE IT! I look forward to every season that comes in. With my gear in the truck and my camo's out and ready two weeks or more before the season's hit. I am a correctional officer at the new western va regional jail. I am happily married.. no kids.. we have a little one waiting for us in heaven one day!!! I am a Christian! and proud of it! I am just a good ole country boy that loves to talk about hunting any day of the week! =)

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:03 pm
Profile YIM
Poult

My name is Tim I'm 32 years old, I live in Capon Bridge, Wv but born and raised in Winchester, Va. I became a member of this forum just a few days ago. I've been married to my wife for 11 years and have an 8 yr old son and a 5 yr old daughter. Our son was diagnosed with autism when he was 4 yrs old. I love to deer hunt and turkey hunt. I also love taxidermy. I've been a member of the West Virginia Taxidermist Association for a few years now. Up until a few months ago I worked for a large retail grocery chain for 15+ years but was let go due to downsizing. In the mean time i'm looking for a job and enjoying a little turkey hunting at the same time! :D

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:59 pm
King of Spring

My name is Kirk Ballard I live in Montross Va. which is located in the Northern Neck. I'm 26 been hunting turkeys for 10years have a Daughter which is about to turn a year. Ever since I heard my first gobble I've been addicted to turkey hunting, I don't think there is any others sport quite as challenging.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:25 pm
Profile YIM
Poult

My name is Joel F. GARRIS, i am 43 and i have a six year old daughter and a 15 month old son. My wife is very supporting of my hunting. I work for U.P.S. in Goldsboro,N.C. I do love turkeys and turkey hunting.Also like to fish. Been hunting turkeys since 1993.Enjoy your website very much.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 am
Poult

My name is Justin and i am in military and i am moving to virgina. I am actually from Arkansas. I was wondering if you guys had any info about hunting leases or anything like that. I usally hit the mountains (foot hills) lol and chase turkeys all over the woods when i get a chance and i was not able to do any kind of deer hunting what so ever right now but looking to change that next year. I did how ever did go home and duck hunt which when you tell people you killed 43 in one day with complete limit of mallards they are shocked but that arkansas is pretty much known for that but i was looking on some info any if i could that would help me lol i will be put in DC so there will be a lot to adjust to but it will be fun

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:11 pm
Boss Gobbler

Hello Tuffey and welcome to Va Turkey and VA! :smt003 Wish I could help you out but I am on the other side of the state. Hit the Turkey or Deer forum with your question and you should get some answers. I know that several military bases offer hunting and some great deer can be found on them.

Thanks for your service!

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Poult

Hi folks name is Ben and I 38 and live in Manassas, VA. This is my first year hunting in general and will be my first spring turkey hunt. I found the board while researching information on turkeys since I haven't a clue. I work as an IT consultant in the NOVA / DC area helping my clients maintain their networks and end user computers so getting out in the field makes for a relaxing day.

Any advice you can pass on would be helpful. I am going to the gun show this weekend to pick up my gun specifically for the season.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:52 pm
King of Spring

Welcome Ben.. I live in Manassas too.. I am also 38 .. good luck this spring..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:23 pm
Poult

Hey its Sam here. I'm 36 and in the USAF. I just started hunting this year and am now hooked. Got my first deer while stationed out in WA state with a Bow. Also managed to get a few Canadian Geese out there. Then I moved out here to Hampton VA. Took a couple doe's with a shotgun slug and am trying to do some turkey hunting but like Ben above I don't know much about it. I got a call and some decoys and still need to sight my gun in.

I have 2 daughters who are hoping to go hunting with me as well (10,8yr olds). The oldest did a little bit of deer hunting in MI with me with a crossbow this year but luck wasn't on our side and her doe she shot ran to property that the owner wouldn't let us retrieve.

Looking for any help on taking the kids Turkey hunting.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 pm
Poult

Im Nick, and ive been a long time lurker but finally decided it was time to join. I Hunt all up and down the Shenandoah Valley on public and private property. Deer and Turkeys get me going like no other. Im young compared to many of you here on the site, but that doesnt change the fact that I share one heck of a strong passion for the woods

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:25 pm
Poult

I'm Jon, 39 years old, Stephens City, VA, happily married to a very beautiful young lady, Jenn. We have 3 kids. I'm getting back into all things outdoors after taking several years off to help with kids or because we didn't have the time or money or whatever. No more excuses! I love to bass fish and am pretty good at it, have hunted deer quite a bit, but have only turkey hunted once in my life so I started trying to learn as much as I could and while at it, ran into this site! Always looking for someone to get together with to discuss "stuff". Call or email any time...

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 am
Boss Gobbler

Welcome to all you new folks! Glad to have you! It will pick up in here significantly as we get close to the season!

Make yourself at home! :)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Poult

Name's Scott. Stuart, Va. is looking like home; planning to settle on a small spot on the South Mayo.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:36 pm
Poult

I'm Bruce 48 yrs old and I live in Virginia Beach. Have been turkey hunting for about 15 years now. Lurked for years here and am just getting back and decided to sign up this time.
Got a bow a couple of years ago and have been trying to get a bird with it since.Have not got a shot yet but looking forward to the season starting again. Anyone else bowhunters for birds? A couple of my friends think I'm nuts to do it.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next