View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:55 pm

Some East Wind evidence to ponder 
King of Spring

Post Re: Some East Wind evidence to ponder
I dont believe its so much the east wind but more cause its been blowing 15-25mph the past week here. Still got one in friday only to hear "click" when I pulled the trigger and saturday I ended up getting busting. Plus less birds as the season progresses

Sun May 05, 2013 6:39 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

:P so the east wind left Va generally yesterday and in the nine days of that wind direction the board posters reported in Va six dead birds, one witnessed a fellow kill one with bad calling , one missed-crippled and one had a gun go click. That period represents a long spell in which a lot of talented turkey hunters did not not kill birds for some reason. Wind direction, maybe? :P

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Thu May 09, 2013 3:21 pm
King of Spring

It left PA yesterday and I have had multiple friends kill birds over the last 24-48 hrs. Today we had a light NNW wind and I was covered up in gobbling turkeys and they flew down when they are supposed too!! However they flew 250 yards to a field so I was not happy about that. :( Had a great morning but no shot; one of those "what will go wrong does" type mornings...deer spooking turkeys, spooked turkeys spooking turkeys, and Eric spooking turkeys. Some days you just shake your head and sigh and call it a day...ok, I'm ready for tomorrow. :)

I'm just excited a turkey gobbled (actually 3) from the roost and flew down on time...I think that threw me off this morning. Yeah, I'm going with that excuse. ;)

-Eric

Fri May 10, 2013 2:43 pm
King of Spring

Well the East wind last week accounted for 10 dead turkeys on base and I believe 2 misses or cripples. Although myself thought it was a slow week. Keeping more attention though to this East wind.

This whole week (Mon-Fri) as of 1200, 0 turkey's have been killed or shot at. And some very good hunters in the woods. Hopefully tomorrow will turn around for a lot of hunters.

Earl

Fri May 10, 2013 4:02 pm