View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:17 am

How many folks are still undecided on where they will be Sat 
King of Spring

Post Re: How many folks are still undecided on where they will be Sat
I know where I'll be. There's a bird roosting in the same spot I killed my opening day gobbler 2 years ago. I plan on setting up against the same tree I was sitting beside that morning. I'll be out there tomorrow morning just to make sure he's still roosting in the same spot.

Ryan

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:19 pm
Jake

Will be hunting Louisa, but having a hard time with confidence this year. Last year I went there the evening before 1st day and set up a tent for me and my seven year old excited son, 100 yards away from a roosting gobbler. Next morning at 4 am I go and wake my son up but he was already awake, he said what took you so long, I've been waiting for you since 2am? I just laughed and said I been awake too, waiting to wake you up. I guess you can say we were both excited to go hunting. We got out to our tent plenty early. After the woods started to come alive he gobbled and my sons eyes lit up. Everything was perfect, I did a few soft calls and he lit it up! In a matter of minutes we heard him fly down and he was heading our way. We were both ready and very excited. He was getting closer and louder. Just when he was getting to the edge of the feild he shut up. I told my son to keep his eyes open cause he is probably sneaking in on us. All of a sudden I can hear something walking to us from behind, I turn to look and it is a trespassing hunter! Comes right up to the tent and asked us "any luck"? I about blew my stack. I did not want to make a seen in front of my son. I told him he had to of heard that bird working his way toward us and that I can't help to think you messed this hunt up on purpose. He said what bird? I told him he didn't have permission to be on the property and he said he did. I couldn't prove it at the time. Me and my son packed up and left. I later found out that that guy does not have permission and the land owner has told him to stay off the property. The land owner says this guy likes to turkey hunt and does whatever he can to go, even if it is illegal. I said all this to say I know for sure now that he does not have permission but I am pretty sure he is going to show up. I'm looking forward to going but not looking forward to possibly seeing him or having him mess up another hunt. Game Wardens are aware of him. Will see what happens...

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:30 am
2 Year Old

I will be in nelson co., I have a tree that I named the killing tree, It's a place that has been very good to me in the past! I've hunted this particular property for the past 16 years and this will most likely be my last. Land Owner passed away and the land is for sale..I have many special memories leaning against that tree, I don't think I could open a season any place else and gonna miss that spot!! When the Good Lord closes one door,he open's another- I sure hope it's as good as this one!!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:29 pm