View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:01 pm

sub-gauge guns for turkey 
King of Spring

Post Re: sub-gauge guns for turkey
Yea, what Vic said above, pm if need be, very intrigued.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:03 am
King of Spring

Vic wrote:
You sell your loads or market someone elses? Just wondering.

I don't sell any loaded shells, but sell the shot and give out lab proven load data to help guys roll their own.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
2 Year Old

I've seen this TSS stuff hear a lot laltely... I wonder why Win, Fed, Rem have not gotten there hands on this holy grail???

Im guessing you have the market cornered huh???

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:39 pm
King of Spring

MTN TOM wrote:
I've seen this TSS stuff hear a lot laltely... I wonder why Win, Fed, Rem have not gotten there hands on this holy grail???

Im guessing you have the market cornered huh???

Yeah, I 'spose so. I prolly got them rinky dink companies are running skeered.

The market would be way too small for them I imagine. They'd have to charge $10 or $12 a shell to make it worth it. They keep trying to come up with cheaper stuff, and the trend is to drop the expensive, better performing high density shot based products lately.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:41 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

How much per pound or bag of what size?

I have been thinking about using depleted uranium like the military, what you all think. Then if you bust one but it gets away you can go back later that night and look for the glow. :D

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:30 am
King of Spring

Hawglips, I guess you hunt alot of the states I do, Georgia, Nc, va and I spend some time on boards from those three states, dont post much, just read. One thing that has always struck me is how some people take it like a personal insult with your loads. I've seen Striker get some of that hassel on here before too. It is really weird to me.

Anyways I always enjoy looking at patterns and appreciate the work and money guys like you go through. Makes it alot easier and cheaper for me to set up and help others set up turkey guns. I haven't got set up to reload but if I ever get the time and spare change I might try some of this stuff out.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 pm
King of Spring

T.W. wrote:
Hawglips, I guess you hunt alot of the states I do, Georgia, Nc, va and I spend some time on boards from those three states, dont post much, just read. One thing that has always struck me is how some people take it like a personal insult with your loads. I've seen Striker get some of that hassel on here before too. It is really weird to me.

TW,

Yes, it is strange indeed.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:51 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I am confused by the last couple posts, but I think what you posted is cool. Guess my joke about depleted uranium was misunderstood.

Would still like to know what it costs per pound or whatever unit you sell it in?

I have an 8 year old son and think this might be the way to go. Can lower velocity, recoil, etc. which could be good for a young shooter.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:19 am
King of Spring

Vic wrote:
I am confused by the last couple posts, but I think what you posted is cool. Guess my joke about depleted uranium was misunderstood.

Would still like to know what it costs per pound or whatever unit you sell it in?

I have an 8 year old son and think this might be the way to go. Can lower velocity, recoil, etc. which could be good for a young shooter.

Vic

The TSS loads are about $ 8.00 pr. round to load @ 2 .oz, and 1180 fps you get what you pay for and psi is @ about 10,000-10,500+/- lab tasted..... it gets the job done on them birds and i get to have 2x the fun loading them up...be4 and after a kill !!! :smt002

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:02 pm
King of Spring

Dang Striker ! You starting to look like ZZ Top

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:33 pm
King of Spring

Vic wrote:

Vic

Sorry I wasn't directing that at anyone here. I think if you have read some of strikers posts before or hawglips you would understand what I am talking about. It is a bit comical on GON or the NC board.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:59 pm
Poult

Striker what's your 12 gauge loads you make pellet count in a 10" circle at 40 yards. Im shooting a 870 3 1/2, 2 1/4 ounce load with 320 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 am
King of Spring

Gobble4me....What loads are you shooting with getting them #'s ?

I will be going to the range soon after i get the old school 1187 back from the gunsmith.

i will post up some #'s soon after going.

brian

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:47 pm