View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Poult

Hello the camp...excellent looking site and I appreciate the chance to join.

Spent most of my 61 years participating in some kind of shooting sports with rifles & handguns and trap & skeet.
Hunted most of the things that folks hunt like squirrels, rabbits, pheasants, partridge, quail, doves, ducks, and deer.
Spent a few years each hunting with shotguns, rifles, handguns, bow, inline ML, caplock ML, and finally found my callin' when I got into Flintlocks several years ago...all I hunt with year round.

Been in North Carolina 25 years and started learning about turkey hunting 2 years ago, slowly crawling up that learning curve and when I saw this site I hoped newcomers would be welcomed as I have so much to learn about turkey hunting.

I have a small piece of farm property I can hunt and it has a resident flock...I discoverd that Tom(s) use two small green fields in particular with a 'strutting zone in each one...got a few decoys for this spring and am optimistic about possibly getting my first real chance at one with the Flinter in April :!:

Happy New Year!

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Poult

My name is Kevin, I live in Blacksburg, was recently married on September 30th and I'm a land planner. My lovely bride's father started my hunting passion about 2 years ago. For a wedding gift he gave me a Win. 270 short mag for deer season. We've been deer hunting for 2.5 seasons, and turkey hunting for 2. We hunt their farms in Lebanon and Tazewell. Once I learn the ropes I'd like to find people to hunt with closer to home in the NRV. I've harvested a few bucks, none of significance. I've yet to harvest a turkey, although I've been close, even last Saturday. Hopefully the spring will bring better luck! Can anyone recommend an good turkey call instructional cd/dvd? How about any turkey hunting books?

Fishing was my first passion, growing up bass fishing ponds in Raleigh/Cary, NC. Been trout and small mouth fishing for about 2 years since living in the Burg. My wife got me a fly rod for our first Christmas as a married couple and I'm enjoying learning the new hobby.

I've really enjoyed reading the posts and thank y'all for sharing your experiences/insight on the board.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:02 am
Profile WWW
2 Year Old

Hello my names Is James I'm 32 and I live on the eastern shore of virginia. I have been turkey hunting for 20 years with moderate sucess. My best bird to date was 22 pounds 10.25 in beard and 1.25 inch spurs. I have been in the US Coast guard for 14 years and am fortunate enough to be stationed at home right now. I am happily married and have three girls 12, 10 and 3. My oldest daughter is currently recieveing chemo weekly for a brain tumor that was found last feburary. I make pot stlye friction calls for a side buisness. And love anything that gets out in the woods!

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:27 pm
Poult

My Name is Chris Dunlop, I live in Va Beach, This is my first year hunting turkey's. So, I will try to soak up as much info as poss. :o

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:11 pm
Longbeard

This is a great site that I hope you will all come to enjoy as much as I do. With me being new to hunting as of last fall, I have learned some pretty neat and valuable stuff here. Hopefully we can all learn from each other as well.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:50 pm
Jake

Hello, My name is Rick Ragan, I'm 42 live in Fauquier Co, VA. Been hunting since I was old enough follow my Dad & Granddad around the woods. My kids are grown (at least they think they are) so I've got plenty of time to hunt now. I own two bird dogs and I case them around when I can, but spend most of the fall hunting deer and the spring going after turkeys.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:36 pm
Poult

My name is Don Pauley and I live in Simpsonville, South Carolina. I am married with two children. I have lived in SC for ~ one year, previous 30+ years in West Virginia. Hunted all of my youth, got away from it with jobs, married life and children. Back into it, gotta have something to look forward to...just kidding. Glad to be on the site, excellent discussion and moderation.

:P

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:26 am
Boss Gobbler

Welcome to all you new folks out there! Glad you have you!!!

Freddy

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Poult

My name is Jere. I am from Southcentral Pennsylvania. I am a relative newby to turkey hunting. I have a friend and coworker who is addicted to turkey hunting. He has gotten me involved with the thrill of the chase. I have hunted deer in Virginia, but quite frankly never gave the turkey much thought. But now, I could leave the deer hunting behind (except for muzzleloader seaon) and just pursue the elusive gobbler. If anyone out there has info on the turkey population in the counties of Highland and Augusta, I would love to hear about it. One last thing, I think it's a great service to have a sight like this up and running and it's certainly worth a contribution to keep it up and running. Thank you Freddy.

iamslayer

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:52 pm
Poult

Post Who I am
John Graham from chesapeake, 45 wifey and a couple of kidses, 13, 14, 19. work at the worlds greatest shipbuilder. hunt with a club in suffolk but will consider other options. my wife is waiting oh so patietly for opening day since she gets to go this year. No dance that weekend. I called on up to 15 feet last year who snuck in on both of us and promptly busted us wide open. she was hooked after that.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:29 am
Poult

My name is Randy Coffey and live in Suffolk,VA. I'm married and have a 11 yr old boy and 13 year old daughter. I am in the Navy and hunt all seasons when I am not on the boat.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:53 am
2 Year Old

I am a full time student at Radford University. I just recently got into the turkey hunting scene. I have deer hunted, coon hunted and did about every other type of hunting in between. I am a criminal justice major and am planning on applying to the Virginia department of Game and Inland Fisheries when I graduate next spring, if they are hiring. Still lookin for my first spring gobbler. Hopefully I'll get one this year!!

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:10 pm
Longbeard

My name is Shane and I am from Rockbridge County. My Dad (Stranger) has been a member of vaturkey.com for a long time and most everything he does I always have a part in it also. I have been turkey hunting for about 8.5 years and absolutly love it. It's my favorite! My Dad is who introduced me to it when I was around 9 or 10 years old. My Dad has posted my hunts from previous years about me. I was lucky a couple years ago to take my biggest bird which weighed around 20 pounds had a 10.5 in beard and had an 1.5 spurs. Last year was my best year because I called not only a turkey in for my Dad but for my best friend as well. Which it made him his 2nd turkey he had ever killed. I really like to hunt with my best friend but it's nothing like a father and son hunt. I really enjoy this board and I am glad that I am apart of it.

Good Luck to all,
Shane

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:06 pm
King of Spring

Good to see you up here posting for yourself. WELCOME!

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:40 am
Jake

My name is Mike. I live in the Gainesville/Haymarket area of Prince William County, VA. I work for the Federal Government helping to bring technology to the fight against terrorism. Been with the USG for 23 years. Love this board and gladly contribute financially EVERY year. Not alot, but I appreciate Freddy's contribution to this sport I love so much.

If you haven't, PLEASE CONTRIBUTE.

MIKE

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next