View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:37 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 scouting??? 
King of Spring

Post Re: scouting???
What wacky weather were having was so nice leading up to this week the winds been blowing out the NE 15-20 with gust up to 30 makes for some sorry listening in the mornings here last sat. heard 10 birds in one area now with the winds they shut rite down. Went this morning an thur. morning an with the winds nothing but dead silent. Goes to show my theory was correct the won't gobble here with the NE wind makes for some hard hunting but thats turkey hunting expect the un-expected. I know there in this spot so i'll hope for the best go with my woodsman ship an hopefully get on a hot bird, praying the winds dies down tonite..

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:22 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Oh please let the birds we heard this morning be there in the morning. Lots of good gobbling even with the winds. They started about 0604 and we left the spot with a couple gobbling on the ground at 0645.

Earl

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 pm
Jake

Hearing a few shots today in some tracts to the north...I have been so busy that I have not gone out to scout one time...going to have to change that tomorrow morning:)

Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:07 am
King of Spring

Heard 27 gobbles this morning. They started early, as the first one was a 6:05 :shock: I had climbed into a tree stand on the highest part of the property just to listen. I think the boss bird gobbled the most, followed by his wingman. There was also a Jake that gobbled twice. Lastly, in a different direction I heard one gobble from a bird that was kicked out of the pack in early March. He seems to always be in solo mode. Anyway, last gobble was at 640.

Saw a single gobbler head to a strutt zone in an Alfalfa field which would have taken him by my ground blind that I built last week. Hopefully next week they will be in the same area and act the same way. They did not however roost where I thought they would. Took me by surprise for sure because I would have bet money they would be in one spot and they were several hundred yards away.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:29 pm
King of Spring

Heard 1 this morning and seen 1 strutter along the road.

Earl

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:29 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8