View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Poult

Post Who are me
My name is Randy. I am a senior cheif in the Navy living in Suffolk with my buetiful wife and two kids 10 and 12. I am getting started hunting again. Hunted alot as a kid and with Dad and trying to pass the memories onto my kids. Turkey hunted first time last year. Been bowhunting for deer for 3 years.

Zero effect arrow rest
Tropthy ridge Sight
Golden Tip arrows
Muzzy broad heads

Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:38 pm
Poult

Post who am i
Hi i am tony kilmer live in spokane WA, am ret. worked as a drywall finisher for 25 years blew nerves out elbo no can work the trade any more
a wife three douthers 4granddouthers one grand (son) new hunting pard coming up got his first 22 rifle in the safe.

tony (cowboy308)

Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:30 pm
Hi, My name is Tim i live around binghamton ny. I really the outdoors and all the wonderful wildlife in it. I am a teacher in Goshen Ny and it is my 4th year. I am 29 years old, i have no wife. I am often given the opportunity between marriage and hunting.......as i said before i have no wife, hunting is my life.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:07 pm
Poult

My name is John Gossett I live in High Point, North Carolina. I am a junior in high school. I am a volunteer fire fighter. I alos take care of 16 yards. This will be my first year turkey hunting but i have been deer hunting for 3 years now. I also rabbit,squirrel,fox,and coyote hunt.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:09 pm
King of Spring

Hey, my name is Steve Atkinson. I am 32 and live in Richmond. I killed my first turkey when I was 12 and have been chasin' em ever since. I drive a tanker for a living and also run a waterfowl guide service on the eastern shore part time.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:16 pm
Jake

My name is Derek I'm 23 soon 24 and live in Wise County VA. Fisrt and For most about me the #1 thing in my life is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Without him I am nothing! I'm a minister and a assistant pastor of a church this is my passion! I'm also married with no kids of yet, I own 3 english setters, and work for the Federal Govt. But when it comes to hunting, growing up I have hunted about everything thing there is to hunt here in the Appalachian Mountains. I have enjoyed it all but have narrowed my hunting passions down to 2 Grouse hunting and Spring Gobbler (NO DOUBT!). To me there is nothing better in the hunting world. There is nothing like sitting in the woods at 6 A.M. just as daylight is starting to break and you hear that gobbler and it just shakes the ground and starts you heart beating about 1000 times a minute. Hearing that Gobbler is spring awaking that is the true sign its here and there is no doubt he is the King of spring. I think God made it just this way and he did an outstanding job!! Even though you half to get up at 5 A.M. its all worth it weather you bringing the big one home or your leaving him there to see another sunrise...just to be out in the turkey woods (Gods Country) and experience it is worth it all. As it looks now God is going to bless me and my father with another Springs season and I think him and Praise him for it! I hope and pray each and every one of you have a great and safe up coming spring season.

God Bless

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:51 pm
2 Year Old

Name is Eugene. I am a teacher by day, sports fan by night, and a turkey hunter whenever I can!! :D Live in Greeneville, Tennessee and do most of my turkey hunting in the bottoms of the Nolachuckey River. Married 20 yrs with two sons (15 and 7) as a direct result of this marriage!! :D

Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:43 am
Poult

Not new, just havn't posted in some time. Moved from my Old Dominion to Oklahoma City. Virginia is my home and will miss her terribly this spring. I would like to continue chatting with you good folks of the Commonwealth if no one has any objections. I will be learning to hunt the open prarrie of the Rio Grande Turkey. Folks here say the Rio dosn't even stand in the same room with the Mighty Eastern. would like to pass on what I learn. Good luck to you all this spring!

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:09 pm
Jake

Name is Mike. Have been reading the board for about 3-4 years now. Hunt in Augusta County Virginia, NE Pennsylvania, and Upstate NY this year. Work for the Federal Government in Washington, DC. Oh and one more thing: I CONTRIBUTE TO VATURKEY.COM ONCE PER YEAR, AND YOU SHOUDL TOO.

Good luck everyone.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:21 pm
Poult

My name is Mike and I live in Santa Rosa, CA, but my wife is from Virginia Beach, VA.

I have a grown son who lives in Hawaii, poor guy, and he is a chef.

I have been hunting Rio Grande turkeys here in California, but, if it is up to my wife, I may be soon be hunting Eastern turkeys in her home state of Virginia. Most likely in the western area near Roanoke.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:15 pm
King of Spring

My name is Jon, I live in Moneta, VA. I been hunting turkey for almost 20 years (since I was 12 I think). I treat every spring like my first. I only hunt turkey. I mostly hunt on private land. I can not wait.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:58 pm
King of Spring

Post Been at this for a while
Name is Tom. I'm another Fed (lots of them on this board it appears). Have a lovely wife who puts up with a lot as I'm pretty much hunting most of the year except summer time. Three kids, none of which who hunt as they are more in the video game generation. However, all of them eat the game I harvest including my oldest daughter who would rather eat wild game then anything out of the supermarket.

My passion is upland game hunting and I've got one of the few field bred golden retrievers around. She and I have hunted from Maine to Montana together persueing ringnecks and grouse. Can't imagine hunting without her along my side (except spring turkey of course).

Every year as I get older (50 now :shock: ), find those mountains a bit steeper to climb, but I'm still up there in them. Hopefully good lord willing I'll be able to chase after these things for a bit longer.

PS. Find almost no better joy in life then being in the woods on a crisp cool quiet morning, when the woods wake up and you hear that first boss gobbler sound off in a tree. :)

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:29 am
King of Spring

Post who are you?
My name is Barry and I live in Bedford, VA. I first took the spring woods with my Dad back in the early 70's, I'll never forget the first bird we took together. 30 some years later and I'm still at it.
Things are much different now, Dad had passed and 11 years ago I was paralyzed after falling from a treestand. I'm in a wheel chair now and I have to hunt different than I used to. I am more patient now, I can't "run and gun" anymore, this has allowed me to take some birds later in the morning. Most day's I'll set there 'til 12 just in case one gets fired up.
I headed the JAKES program for the James River Chapter for 6 years, Freddy helped me a few times. Kids are the future and it's our job to ensure that hunting is a part of that future.
Working with Wheelin' Sportsman now, trying to get a spring hunt together in the Forest area as this is written.
Happy Huntin' to you all.

Last edited by barry on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Poult

BK here in Toano, VA. I am a 2nd generation poice officer for about 22 years now. Been hunting the gobbler for about 4 years and done very well. I have a wonderful family with two daughters and a great wife. She always supports my passion for my longbeard friend.
Tim (Vabirdhunter) let me know if you want to increase your bird kills and I will be glad to take you on some property up here in James City County!
I would be glad to have you as a guest. You will love it and probably take a bird home with you.
Really enjoyed my membership here at Vaturkey.com!
Thanks Freddy!

Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:27 am
Poult

Hi, Im steve, and I am new to this turkey hunting business, but hopefully will learn more about it from this site. I attend Randolph Macon College and play baseball there, which will make spring turkey hunting difficult to say the least :lol:

Anyway, nice to be here, and is there anyone on the boards around Harrisonburg?

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next